Was This A Mistake By Immigration.

Hi.

I recently purchased a double entry Tourist Visa from the Thai Consulate in New York City.

During my flight to Bangkok, I received the TM card and listed the visa number from my TV.

BTW my tourist visa did not expire when I left for Thailand.

Breeze through immigration and stuck my passport in my pocket (without checking). The next morning, I had a flight to Cambodia. After arriving in Phnom Penh I looked at the stamp I received from immigration at Suvarnabhumi airport. The number of days I could stay in Thailand was 30. I was under the impression a Tourist Visa entry allows 60 days.

Has something changed regarding Toursit Visa stay?

I plan to return to Thailand for 6 weeks (before the Tourist Visa expires). I assume my second entry will take effect. If nothing has changed regarding TV requirements, and simply the immigration officer made a mistake, should I make a pre-announcement during my arrival to the immigration booth that I should receive 60 days on my 2nd entry? I wasn’t to concern about the first entry since I was leaving to Cambodia the very next day.

Thanks.

TC.

Some nationalities get 60 and some 30 days on a tourist visa. If you have US passport it should have been 60 days. Did they write anything on your two entry visa? If not they probably gave you a visa exempt entry and you still have a two entry tourist visa that you can use.

That said mistakes can happen as there are a number of stamps they have to use so if it was a mistake it is lucky you did not need the 60 days anyhow. Be sure to check the stamp after your next entry.

Most probaly a mistake by the immigration officer.

I enter on a non imm O and always write the visa no. on the TM card but quite a few times I've been stamped in for 30 days instead of 90 days. I always check at the time and point out any error which they then correct. My passport has got quite messy with scribbles where they've had to rectify their mistakes.

I now tell them I have a visa when I hand the passport to them.

Yes, always tell them you have a visa, and I go as far as opening my passport to my visa page and pointing to it. Yes, I am paranoid. Yes, it is a useful trait.

If you hand your passport to them opened at your visa page there shouldn't be a problem. Check the stamp date immediately he hands back your passport.