General Hindrances In Thailand

DJ Pat

Mr Pedantic you are my mate!!!

Nobody opens the door and holds it for the person behind....

I agree with you on sitting next to the farang, I have good hygene.

Thais have no sense of personal space, they will get right in yer face when standing next to you...

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Pedantic, excellent post...

Lots summarised by "personal space" and lack of respect of - applies for so many things, from driving on the roads to food stalls on the sois working in an office to the skytrain to queuing (ho ho ho) anywhere...

No Walmarts that sell ammo and guns to anyone with an 'over 18' driver license.

No drive through banking.... in fact, aside from a dozen McDonald's, the general lack of drive through everything.

No catalogue service from J. Crew, LL Bean, or Eddie Bauer.

:o

I adore Thais and Thailand but I absolutely abhor people coming around and trying to open the door without knocking, namely the misses' mother, and one or two of her friends.

A friend of the g/f's came around the other day and, unfortunately, the door wasn't locked, and I just happened to be walking in that general direction in my birthday suit - ie, swinging freely. Sounds funny, and it was slightly amusing at the time but there's just a general lack of respect, surely.

The g/f just keeps telling me that's the way it is here. Bad manners if you ask me. :o

The g/f just keeps telling me that's the way it is here. Bad manners if you ask me.

TRY to undarstand that you all is visitors here.

If you want to come here, and learn all the 65 million thei ppl how to act, well i guess you gone wrong.

If you allways want to be the betterwisser, well, simply, go back to you're homecountry, and try to learn them the "thai style"....better?.....right! :o

The g/f just keeps telling me that's the way it is here. Bad manners if you ask me.

If you want to come here, and learn all the 65 million thei ppl how to act, well i guess you gone wrong.

If you allways want to be the betterwisser, well, simply, go back to you're homecountry, and try to learn them the "thai style"....better?.....right! :o

Your comment, while correct, is also bit mute since it was his house and he is quite within his rights to dictate peoples behaviour in his own property.

when you are on line in a 7-11 (or 7,000 11's as my uncle called them when he came for a visit) and some guy comes in off the street and starts yelling out his order for cigarrettes or a phone card or whatever before he is even in the door.

or when you've been waiting an inordinate amount of time because there is some problem with the customer in front of you, like the cashier is trying to subtract 2 from 10, and they open a new register and proceed to check out the last person on line instead of the people who have been waiting for so long..

I don't understand why you quoted my post. Doesn't matter where in the world you are or what rules you have to live by, customs etc, etc, When you have a place of your own, JUST KNOCK ON THE <removed> DOOR FIRST. It's so basic and doesn't require much brain power to work it out.

I don't understand why you quoted my post. Doesn't matter where in the world you are or what rules you have to live by, customs etc, etc, When you have a place of your own, JUST KNOCK ON THE <removed> DOOR FIRST. It's so basic and doesn't require much brain power to work it out.

Try to lock the door, and buy a door bell..... :D

Try to lock the door, and buy a door bell..... :D

I do lock the door - see original post - but it was unlatched this particular time. Not the point, shouldn't even be trying to open it unless they have knocked, can't you grasp that?

I do lock the door - see original post - but it was unlatched this particular time. Not the point, shouldn't even be trying to open it unless they have knocked, can't you grasp that?

Dont you live an open life?

Got something to hide?

Should never sit alone, looking at tv, and chackwao with the door open. :D

I just love it when someone i dont know is trying to get into my house uninvated, that gives me a good reason to blast off some furious thoughts in my head.

I tell you the easy way out:

When they burst into you're house, grab them by the neck and their arse, and throw them as hard as you can out the door again.

If you're missus trying to say to you that its customs here, tell her that the customs in you're house is simply made by you, and noone else.

Try it! its a blast.....b.t.w. its a long time since someone ever tried to come in my house without first knocking. :o

I just love it when someone i dont know is trying to get into my house uninvated, that gives me a good reason to blast off some furious thoughts in my head.

I tell you the easy way out:

When they burst into you're house, grab them by the neck and their arse, and throw them as hard as you can out the door again.

If you're missus trying to say to you that its customs here, tell her that the customs in you're house is simply made by you, and noone else.

Try it!  its a blast.....b.t.w.  its a long time since someone ever tried to come in my house without first knocking.  :o

That's more like the feedback I was after Viking, I'll give that a go. I'd like nothing more than to throw her Rottweiler of a mother out in the way you suggested. As for the ones I don't know, a good bunch 'o' fives in the chops would be a better alternative I reckon.

Another one to add to the list, although not really a hindrance, bad acting! on TV that is, because all the other con-artists, including naughty bgs who knick your money, are excellent actors.

Why are you browsing this thread ?

Do you regularly browse crap threads?

Seems like the threads you start all fall into that catagory.

Totally boring and useless.

The real characters have all been banned, now the lunatics have taken over the asylum.