Lsasse.exe Win Xp Shutdown

TenDreams

hi,

i have been searching the net for a fix to the following problem, but not having much joy, thought i would try here.

have a dell notebook running win xp pro. i wanted to install kaspersky AV the other day, so i removed avast, but then couldnt install k/av from the cd due to a security error. i tired unsuccessfully to d/l it, at this point with no a/v running. also d/l'ed some windows updates.

i then went to turn it on the following day and just as it looks like windows is about to start (but before desktop is visible) it gets a popup error, "sytem process c:windows system 32 lsass.exe terminated unexpectedly with code 1073741819" then it shuts down automatically.

this happens everytime, also happens in safe mode. have tried everything i can think of, which is not a lot.

tried running mcaffee a/v from a bootable cd, but the database was 10 months old and didnt find anything.

as i cant get into windows, i cant install or run any other virus or spyware programs.

i have downloaded a few patches etc i have found online, but wont be able to apply them if i cant get into windows.

the online help i have found doenst help much and is a bit too techy for me to deal with, also seems others with a similar problem can still get into windows in safe mode.

does anyone have any clue what i can do???

panthip or fortune city?

any help much appreciated, cheers

p.s. typo in thread title, should read lsass.exe

Edited by TenDreams

hi,

i have been searching the net for a fix to the following problem, but not having much joy, thought i would try here.

have a dell notebook running win xp pro. i wanted to install kaspersky AV the other day, so i removed avast, but then couldnt install k/av from the cd due to a security error. i tired unsuccessfully to d/l it, at this point with no a/v running. also d/l'ed some windows updates.

i then went to turn it on the following day and just as it looks like windows is about to start (but before desktop is visible) it gets a popup error, "sytem process c:windows system 32 lsass.exe terminated unexpectedly with code 1073741819" then it shuts down automatically.

this happens everytime, also happens in safe mode. have tried everything i can think of, which is not a lot.

tried running mcaffee a/v from a bootable cd, but the database was 10 months old and didnt find anything.

as i cant get into windows, i cant install or run any other virus or spyware programs.

i have downloaded a few patches etc i have found online, but wont be able to apply them if i cant get into windows.

the online help i have found doenst help much and is a bit too techy for me to deal with, also seems others with a similar problem can still get into windows in safe mode.

panthip or fortune city?

You can try to do and Repair-Installation of XP! But for that you need the same CD you was using to install the system.

If you have that CD do the following

1. Boot from CD

2. Just hit the ENTER Key until you reach the EULA Screen where you need to press F8 to accept the License.

3. After the EULA Screen ther should be the option of Repair by hit the R key

4. Hit the R key and let windows start the Repair.

This Repair will keep ALL data, settings and Drivers so you don't need to be worry.

If that Screen didn't appears, some of your systemfiles in the MBR is damaged and you need a new and clean install.

Check it out.

Cheers.

hi,

panthip or fortune city?

You can try to do and Repair-Installation of XP! But for that you need the same CD you was using to install the system.

1. Boot from CD

2. Just hit the ENTER Key until you reach the EULA Screen where you need to press F8 to accept the License.

This Repair will keep ALL data, settings and Drivers so you don't need to be worry.

If that Screen didn't appears, some of your systemfiles in the MBR is damaged and you need a new and clean install.

Check it out.

Cheers.

thanks, but unfortunately i no longer have the cd :o

hi,

panthip or fortune city?

1. Boot from CD

Check it out.

Cheers.

If you've a legit CD-Key, there shouldn't be any problem! May you need to contact DELL service if the CD-Key is a DELL Key. But DELL should have the required CD if that is the case.

Cheers.

hi,

panthip or fortune city?

1. Boot from CD

Check it out.

Cheers.

If you've a legit CD-Key, there shouldn't be any problem! May you need to contact DELL service if the CD-Key is a DELL Key. But DELL should have the required CD if that is the case.

Cheers.

Thanks Raimon,

Took a while but managed to locate the CD and get it fixed!

Cheers, I was worried there.