Trying To Find 'hanging Chair'

patrickq

Has anyone seen any shops selling ceiling suspended chairs? I'm looking to find one that is well made :o not the kind that collapses as soon as it is used. Could be rattan, or contemporary acrylic, or whatever, just need to find something that looks good and will last the course.

I'm in Pattaya area, but don't mind if shop is in Bangkok/Chaing Mai etc.

I've seen them for sale in the Thai language home magazines. Not sure on the quality but here are the ones from ROOM magazine:

Intent Decor 02-2526732 55x50x150 for 18,500-- very nice looking rattan hanging chair

Natural Decor 02-5438496 with one for 14,500b was also in there.

My suggestion, buy a few of the home magazines like Ban Lae Suan, Room and Elle Decor, (or leaf through them while standing in the bookstore :D) --you can usually find a few places that will offer hanging chairs. Not cheap, and most likely all in Bangkok but its not that far for you from pattaya :o

Hi patrickq,

There is a open shop that makes them (Hanging chairs) at the entrance to Klong Tan railway station on Petchburi Road, Bangkok. Klong Tan station is on Petchburi Road between Thong Lor (Suk soi 55) and Echamai (Suk soi 53) roads.

It is just a small business which makes rattan furniture on site. No showroom you just view what they ahve made. I don't know prices etc. but they look nice as do other ratan furniture I have seen when passing. I would think that they make to order for dikkerent shops and passers-by so imagine prices would be competitive.

Good luck in your hunt.

Anthony.

In a land where you can almost find anyone to manufacture something for you from scratch, I'd make a sketch and take it around to the locals. You might find you can have exactly what you want by having it custom made.

Good luck!

Johnny

Thanks, but learnt my lesson on getting things made to order here ... prefer to buy something I can see, not that this guarantees success, but gives a little more hope :D Had a set of furniture made (teak in Chiang Mai), showroom/factory product looked fine, our order was so badly finished I sent it all back!

I've seen them for sale in the Thai language home magazines. Not sure on the quality but here are the ones from ROOM magazine:

Intent Decor 02-2526732 55x50x150 for 18,500-- very nice looking rattan hanging chair

Natural Decor 02-5438496 with one for 14,500b was also in there.

My suggestion, buy a few of the home magazines like Ban Lae Suan, Room and Elle Decor, (or leaf through them while standing in the bookstore :bah:) --you can usually find a few places that will offer hanging chairs. Not cheap, and most likely all in Bangkok but its not that far for you from pattaya :D

Thanks, I'm following up on those (Natural Decor have a website here, for anyone else who is interested) and will maybe invest in some Thai interiors magazines, a bit cheaper than the imports I imagine.

5th floor at MBK or the furniture floor at Central World?

Quite a few furniture shops along Sukhumvit between Soi 25 and 49. Might find somthing there.

Thanks for suggestions, I've got to try and do this trip to Bangkok in a short day, only a few hours in the city, so trying to streamline the shopping route, may drive in down Sukhumvit ... a surprise for my loved one, so want to be there and back before she notices me missing :bah:

Hi patrickq,

There is a open shop that makes them (Hanging chairs) at the entrance to Klong Tan railway station on Petchburi Road, Bangkok. Klong Tan station is on Petchburi Road between Thong Lor (Suk soi 55) and Echamai (Suk soi 53) roads.

It is just a small business which makes rattan furniture on site. No showroom you just view what they ahve made. I don't know prices etc. but they look nice as do other ratan furniture I have seen when passing. I would think that they make to order for dikkerent shops and passers-by so imagine prices would be competitive.

Good luck in your hunt.

Anthony.

Thanks, very interested by this one ... the price may be affordable!

One more thing: Give some thought to where you suspend it from. :D Probably has to be something solid, like a structural cross beam?

Thanks for your concern ... I will also check the structural crossbeam for safety I think :D

I almost made some reference to potential use, but decided to snigger to myself instead ... back of the class the rest of you and write out 100 times "I must not make posts with kinky innuendoes" ... but then you'll probably enjoy doing so, especially if Miss is there to reprimand any misbehaviour :o