Sending A Fax From Thailand To Uk

james24

Hi there

Im in an internet cafe and trying to send a fax to Uk but it doesnt work. Am I missing something. I am dialling 0044 then the fax number missing out the first zero?? Is that correct??

International from Thailand is 001 and not 00

cheers

onzestan

cheers Naka, just to let you know it worked fine.

chaing mai just seen your little quote thing under what you wrote. You are a hypocritical plonker hahaha go away

I resent deeply the accusation or even the suggestion that I am a plonker therefore, I will do as you suggest and return to reading one of my favorite books, "The Subtle Differences Between Telephonic and Facsimile Technology with an Emphasis on International Dialing Codes". :o

Edited by chiang mai

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting an old thread but just wanted to see if someone could confirm the current fax codes for the UK from Thailand. I have just returned from a (widely used by farang) internet cafe where I blindly (stupidly) accepted that the staff would know how to send a fax to the UK.

I mentioned the 44 code and dropping the zero of the fax number and she agreed and rattled the number in and it was accepted (although I couldn't see exactly what). On closer examination of the transmission report at home I see she's sent to 00844 (dropped the next zero correctly) then the rest of the number.

Have I just been shafted for the ridiculous price of 265 baht for 4 pages for nothing? If so, I'm going back this evening.

Resurrecting an old thread but just wanted to see if someone could confirm the current fax codes for the UK from Thailand. I have just returned from a (widely used by farang) internet cafe where I blindly (stupidly) accepted that the staff would know how to send a fax to the UK.

I mentioned the 44 code and dropping the zero of the fax number and she agreed and rattled the number in and it was accepted (although I couldn't see exactly what). On closer examination of the transmission report at home I see she's sent to 00844 (dropped the next zero correctly) then the rest of the number.

Have I just been shafted for the ridiculous price of 265 baht for 4 pages for nothing? If so, I'm going back this evening.

001 - most expensive line out of Thailand.

008 - cheaper line out of Thailand for international calls/faxes

007 - used to work as well....not sure if it still does

So in conclusion, you havent been shafted, and the staff there appear to have better idea of how to send a fax to the UK than you do.. :)

001 - most expensive line out of Thailand.

008 - cheaper line out of Thailand for international calls/faxes

007 - used to work as well....not sure if it still does

Thanks for the very quick reply Soutpeel. Happy to hear it's just me that's the idiot. My faith is now restored. Should have really checked before going to be sure but hindsight is just marvellous.

Cheers for the info

TCA