Koh Samet - Where Is The Quietest Beach?

Emxily

Can anyone recommend a quiet beach in Koh Samet? I am looking for secluded with palm trees and a beautiful clear ocean? Or on any other island, but no further away from Bangkok.

If you know of the right beach, how about accommodation? Best bungalows? between 500-1000 baht?

All your help is appreciated. Thanks.

Can anyone recommend a quiet beach in Koh Samet? I am looking for secluded with palm trees and a beautiful clear ocean? Or on any other island, but no further away from Bangkok.

If you know of the right beach, how about accommodation? Best bungalows? between 500-1000 baht?

All beaches are like that....and then somebody with small penis comes to ride a jet ski.

Even the smallest beach would have one of those machines from hel_l.

Or speed boats coming in and out with tourists, diesel fumes all day long.

Wong Duen beach on the southern end is generally better - but can get crowded - and there are all the boats and machines - but it is generally in the central area - either end of the beach is quieter - but is pleasant in that you have everything that you need on the beach and it is not as bad as the main beach further north. Particularly at night when there is a little something to do (more variety) but still not too circus like. The great thing about this beach is either beach north or south is relatively secluded and generally does not have many people - and very nice to chill on - choose either one if you want to chill. And the water/beach is the nicest you will find this close to Bangkok with accomodation. You can also walk to the main beach area and the little town too-but it is a hassle if you are carrying luggage.

You can catch a ferry directly to the beach which is much more convenient that going to the main port and then having to get a taxi. I believe Samed Villa has an Office and ferry service that is located at the eastern end of the town of Ban Phe - not far from the bus station - when facing the street with the bus station behind you - go left on the opposite side of the street. Make sure to take the bus from Ekkamai as it is convenient and there are no hassles. There are many places to stay and many price ranges - they start from about a 1000 and up.

in Koh Samet I don't think there's any such place left.

I disagree. There is one extraordinary place left in Koh Samet, at the southernmost tip. It is owned exclusively by one resort, which is on the southernmost beach, and only a 30 second walk from the other side of the island with a nice pier and beautiful sunsets. It is in fact my favorite place in the entire world. The only drawback-- it's unbelievably expensive. Cheapest room is 15,000 baht/night, going up to 80,000 a night for a suite villa. See http://www.samedresorts.com/rate_pckg/paradee_rate.htm. Most expensive night of my life, but what the hel_l, you only get engaged once. Hopefully. :o

Edited by tycann

The Paradee looks great, but is it indeed a good beach? I've stayed at the Nimmanoradee on the southern end of the island and the beach is simply too rocky, though it would pass the mark for "secluded"...the OP mentioned that she wanted a good beach also, hence my comment.

Yeah it's pretty good. Not as big as Hat Sai Keaw, but nice. You can aways walk to the next beach up north (forget the name, the one with Samed Villa) which I think is very nice. It is a bit rocky, but I like the appearance of all the crags, so to each his own I guess.

I just realized that I gave the wrong name of the Office and ferry service - instead of Samed Villa - it is Wongdeurn Villa.

What about Koh Chang or Hua Hin, any good beaches in there?

I'm also looking to go few days out of Bangkok for a small trip but not too sure where and as i already been to Samed i would love to go somewhere else.

Google Koh Man Nok...great little island but might be a few naturists on the beach

Don't forget the sun-block :o:D

Hua Hin is a nice seaside town with a beach - but put it this way - I never once went in the water when i was there and i went all up and down the beach - up to Cha-am and also down south to the next large beach. Having said that - the town is nice if you want to hang out and shop and do toursity things. I did check myself into the Holiday Inn between Cha-Am and Hua Hin because I wanted some beach time and it seemed to be the best area for a swim - where I went into the water - but I was the rare exception. Most of the tourists just hung out by the pool.

Koh Chang is a largish Island and there are more things to do and be very careful if you rent a motrobike and go north towards the ferries as many, many people dump their bikes going down the hill as it is slick - myself included. I had a room up on the hill just past the strip that is white beach with an amazing view and spent most of the time on the balcony - why - well because the water had some black oily sludge floating in it. Although I did go further south and found some decent beaches - but nothing better than Samet. The only beach i found that was exceptional was on Koh Kham which is a small island with only one resort place and nice little wooden shacks. I have thought about going back as I was only on a day outing that stopped there for a short time - i have been trying to justify going there when there is nothing else to do but enjoy the beautiful water and read a book. Only one restaurant. I personally need a bit more than that to bide my time.

Across the water is Koh Mak and when I inquired - I was told that they had major sand flies - perhaps someone who has been there can offer insight as to whether this is correct or not.

I have yet to try Koh Khud and will one day - and perhaps Koh Mak as well - if I hear good things about it. But I heard that both of these islands - most of the guests book into resorts before they come and usually do the 2/3 day things from Bangkok. A little far for me to go for a few days - problably why I like Samet as it is close.

I personally go to Samet only because of the convenience, and bang for bang probably the nicest beaches except for the one above in the immdediate 5 hour bus ride vicinity.