All The Lonely People

garro

For the most part I must admit that I enjoy posting on Thai Visa and enjoy reading other people's posts. One thing that I do find worrying though is the number of posters who continually use the forum as an opportunity to insult the wives/gf's of other posters. What is wrong with these people? Are their lives so particualrly meaningless that they get pleasure in trying to offend others. I doubt that these 'fine specimens of humanity' would be so forthcoming with their views if they were talking to people face to face.

While we all know that there are many people in Thailand that found love in a bar. This could also be said of lots of people in lots of other countries. It should also be noted that not all Thai women with westerners are prostitutes/ ex-prostitutes - and even if they were what business would that be to other people. Should these people abandon their wives and families just because some anonymous poster on Thaivisa had nothing better to do then to post insults.

I have always found that insulting a man's or indeed woman's loved ones is a particularly callous act. This is only more so when it occurs on an anonymous forum. In my opinion anybody who automatically assumes that all Thai women with western men are paid for has some serious personal issues to contend with.

I just wondered what others thought about this issue?