Trueinternet Vs World Of Warcraft

simonsimon

Hi ,

I am playing WoW on my office and home computers. It was like 300-600ms latency (which is still playable). Since last 3 days I am getting 2000-4000ms latency and alot of disconnect from game server. Anyone here experience same problem with true?

Regards

Simon

Hi ,

I am playing WoW on my office and home computers. It was like 300-600ms latency (which is still playable). Since last 3 days I am getting 2000-4000ms latency and alot of disconnect from game server. Anyone here experience same problem with true?

Regards

Simon

Same here, true and all the other ISP's are messed up atm, something going on at CAT. I play everquest2 and its unplayable right now except during off peak hours.

Greg

Hi ,

Regards

Simon

Are students / kids in vacation ? Well .... Anything that needs realtime transmission is dead (Voip / online game ), but they probably have a good excuse

so I dont even bother anymore to report it :

- customer sends an eMail to report a pbm

- true answers : Thks for reporting the pbm, there is a pbm we ll send u an email when the pbm is fixed

- customer never gets a pbm fixed email (pbm is never fixed).

- customer sends another email to complain

- true answers : Thks for reporting the pbm, there is a pbm we ll send u an email when the pbm is fixed

- Customers gets mad saying he has already got that email and he s been waiting for a month and still nothing

- true answers [Roll a 6 face dice] :

1) We ll send a technician at your home to mess up even more ur connection but the technician will never find anything wrong

2) It s not their fault a som tam shop was going to hard on the mixing that they break an international fiber link that was lying on the floor

3) A submarine sent a torpido on a submarine cable in (Taiwan / japan / usa / singapore [peek one country] ) and now the internet is a mess

4) The internet server you are trying to connect to is having an issue everything is fine if you connect to www.true.co.th so it s not true fault.

5) Yes we have a pbm, but it s because we sold too many package lately sorry we cant do anything about it.

6) Yes we dont have enough bandwidth, but if you change package you ll still have the same pbm but we ll get more money to not buy more bandwidth

Ah well better laugh about it and wait a bit ...

It goes up and down ALL the time. For a few weeks I get booted from raids because I keep disconnecting, other weeks everything is fine... its soooo frustrating.

Damian

Exactly the problem I have with true. You just never know when it will slow to a near halt. It's also incredibly inconsistent. For example, while you might be all of a sudden lagging out with 1000+ ping, I could be sitting at home with 250-300. True says 'everything is fine, you restart modem?'.

-__-

Also, are you on an oceanic server or raiding at crazy hours in the morning?

I had a friend who was getting up at like 4am to raid a few years back.

I am on Central Time Zone US server. Our guild raiding 8pm server time which is 9am for my time zone. So saturday mornings my raiding time. :o

It goes up and down ALL the time. For a few weeks I get booted from raids because I keep disconnecting, other weeks everything is fine... its soooo frustrating.

Damian

Exactly the problem I have with true. You just never know when it will slow to a near halt. It's also incredibly inconsistent. For example, while you might be all of a sudden lagging out with 1000+ ping, I could be sitting at home with 250-300. True says 'everything is fine, you restart modem?'.

-__-

Yeah, in the last 6 months or so, I've been having to sleep early, then wake up in the middle of the night to actually play WoW at ~500-800ms. Before that, I actually levelled a rogue to 70, and a paladin to 50 with 1200ms.

Right now though, in the last few days, it's been entirely unplayable with 4-8000+ms.

I can't even play the AH, because it nearly never loads. Really pissing me off, but I don't think there's anything I can do about it.

Supposedly this has to do with the Taiwanese cables... so I have no clue when they'll be done with that, but I'm hoping it'll be soon.

True truly sucks. I'm at facing a lead wall when it comes to thinking of a solution. I'm pretty sure upping my bandwidth package will not fix anything... and I don't think there're any reliable ISPs in Bangkok. :o

Edited by Dissolution

This is killing me. :o

I connect to any server, and ping starts at 500, then progressively goes up to about 6000ms, then I disconnect.

And my latest alt is just 50% away from lv70. :D Traceroutes are terrible, intermittent packet loss all to the Battle.net servers.

Interestingly enough, it seems to start at 202.47.253.134, which is "CAT TELECOM DATA COMM. DEPT INTRENET OFFICE". Pings of ~70-100, with occasional packet loss. Is that an ISP? Seems to be 10 hops away from source (me), and 5 or so to Battle.net. Assuming all this is due to the broken lines, once (if ever) they get everything fixed, would my ping be much better if I just switched ISP to this one?

I play a bit team fortress right now because besides battlefield 2, cod and cs it is the only shooter that has a server here in Thailand right now... I would love to play unreal tournament or some other less strategical shooter but no way...

The next place with a variety of servers is singapore but pings are way too bad to play there as well.

Damian

-__-

Nah I am part of the day raiding group for kara and the beginning of Za, they raid at 10 am their time, 10pm my time, works out well. U.S server.

Damian

What server is that, Damian? Sounds great, my guild raids at about 7pm, BKK time, which is a tad too early. Net still lags badly until at least ~11-12mn. (Usually)

My latest 70 is a Prot Pally :o

Actually since the time change in the states I now start at 11pm which is even better, except Thursday nights Im up until 4am... its worth it being a little tired Fridays, Friday night we are usually done by 2am and kara is cleared. Im on Garithos server.

Damian

Pretty surprise to see WoW players here in Thailand. I am not alone after that.

Last night, I was sitting on 2000-13000ms at about 10pm or so. :o Give up, log out , roll to bed.

I doubt the connection will improve in the coming couple days.

no more arena =(

Lol , I am on Garithos too. :D which guild?

Simon

What server is that, Damian? Sounds great, my guild raids at about 7pm, BKK time, which is a tad too early. Net still lags badly until at least ~11-12mn. (Usually)

Actually since the time change in the states I now start at 11pm which is even better, except Thursday nights Im up until 4am... its worth it being a little tired Fridays, Friday night we are usually done by 2am and kara is cleared. Im on Garithos server.

Damian

Simon

Damian

The Hounds..... HORDE SIDE hehe, are you a dirty stinking ally? If so thats cool, lets meet up online!

OK LAST NIGHT I kept disconnecting and had major lag BUT, I got my apartment to reset the internet and I reset my computer and when I logged back on it was mostly all cleared up and I didnt dc anymore..... so maybe try that when you have problems.

Damian

My guild Order of the Eternals. Yeah I am a dirty stinking ally human lock. Today i opened www.asianet.co.th and i got pop-up windows says CAT have problem with links. ETA for fixing issue Saturday of Febuary 2, 08 at 10:00 PM.

Simon

Damian

The Hounds..... HORDE SIDE hehe, are you a dirty stinking ally? If so thats cool, lets meet up online!

OK LAST NIGHT I kept disconnecting and had major lag BUT, I got my apartment to reset the internet and I reset my computer and when I logged back on it was mostly all cleared up and I didnt dc anymore..... so maybe try that when you have problems.

Damian

I'm on Aman'Thul, Oceania with my main a level 63 paladin. When I started playing Wow in June of 2007 in Nagrand I had no issues with latency right up til a few months ago when I started seeing 26,000ms! These days its nerly impossible to play at anytime ecxept for a few hours like 3AM to 7AM! They god I don't have a job! The new server Blizz offerred for the free transfer has even worse latency for me.

I use Buddy Broadband btw which I had before I started playing WoW Do I get True? I am desperately searching for an internet room/game room that has fast internet. Playing with lag in Outland has been very painful though as a prot paladin when I dc and log back in I am still alive with full health and the mob is dead.

(When I was home for Xmas in the USA- east coast outside NYC- my latency on my neighbor's WiFi was like between 93ms - and 500ms but averaging like 250ms. So nice, I thought about relocating!

l

I'm on Aman'Thul, Oceania with my main a level 63 paladin. When I started playing Wow in June of 2007 in Nagrand I had no issues with latency right up til a few months ago when I started seeing 26,000ms! These days its nerly impossible to play at anytime ecxept for a few hours like 3AM to 7AM! They god I don't have a job! The new server Blizz offerred for the free transfer has even worse latency for me.

I use Buddy Broadband btw which I had before I started playing WoW Do I get True? I am desperately searching for an internet room/game room that has fast internet. Playing with lag in Outland has been very painful though as a prot paladin when I dc and log back in I am still alive with full health and the mob is dead.

(When I was home for Xmas in the USA- east coast outside NYC- my latency on my neighbor's WiFi was like between 93ms - and 500ms but averaging like 250ms. So nice, I thought about relocating!

l

Yeah dude I'm in a similar situation-- I use Buddy too. It sucks so bad now! I used to play WoW about a year ago with few problems, and now even online poker is unplayable!!! My guess is that Buddy started out leasing so much bandwidth, and with relatively few subscribers it was great, now the number of subscribers has gone up like crazy with no additional bandwidth leased. I just started looking around for other options, cuz I simply can't stand Buddy anymore. I just started a thread about this a few days ago. I feel your pain, man... let me know if you switch and have any luck! I wouldn't mind getting back to WoW sometime.

My character name is Sidisiam. Wow Tauren warrior. I though u r BE pally. (your forum avatar made me think tht) :o
Whats your character name? Im Demiano, Tauren Warrior (wow felt like William Shatner saying that). I'll keep my eyes open for you.

Damian

Sounds like you guys should get rid of buddy, True isnt THAT bad. Im raiding right now no problems 11pm and up.

Ya that pic could be a bloodelf.... bloodelf hunter maybe heh. Wrar!

Damian

My main's on Cho'gall, a 70 UD Shadow priest, but I'm rerolling my alt on Jubei'Thos, an oceanic server, along with around 6 of my other friends. I always find people make alts of classes that gank them the most while they're leveling, so naturally I had to decide between a rogue or a lock :D

Damien, are you tanking or going into raids as dps? I'd be interested to hear more about warrior endgame as I have a 53 warrior sitting around :o