Trueinternet Vs World Of Warcraft

simonsimon

Apparently part of the problem with lag is that much of India's internet is routing through Thailand at the moment and will continue for the next week.

BTW

what kind of package should I get form True? I can't afford to spend a lot of money - for 1000 THB can I get something averagin 500ms (fine for grinding) My guild is a few months old and planning to do raids when we more of us attain 70 so what kind of internet package am I looking for?

Well, last night I thought my problems were finally gone. Game was playable from ~1am all the way until 7.45am, when the whole thing went down the shitter again.

3pm now, and looks like I'm back to 8000ms, and disconnects. *sigh* Hurray for my latest 70... just can't do anything with him, until tonight I guess...

what kind of package should I get form True? I can't afford to spend a lot of money - for 1000 THB can I get something averagin 500ms (fine for grinding)

Frankly, I'd say you don't want anything to do with True, unless you're out of options. Myself, I used to have a 2.5mbps line that ran about 960b a month. This could be somewhat unreliable though. My PvP toons on The Underbog were getting 700-1500ms most of the time, I'd weep tears of joy when I actually saw 500ms. My PvE toons, on the other hand, usually get 500-650ms on Proudmoore, with occasional streaks of 380-470ms. I'm desperately trying to search for other options right now, but I don't think I have many, at least until I move again during the middle of the year.

All in all, I hope you weren't actually thinking to Arena seriously, here in Thailand. Welfare epics ftw!

I have true adsl at office 256/128 and home 1024/512 (super highspeed). My office near silom and home near democracy monument. Both computer WoW installed and here my experience on both computer:

Office 256/128 connection most of time i getting 350-500ms latency and see yellow.

Home 1024/512 connection most of time it's 500-650ms latency, after 1am mostly yellow at 400-450ms.

So i love my office connection for play WoW but i love my home connection for download stuff.

Now both computer 2000-8000ms latency and unplayable (but i managed to farm 10 primal water last nite :o )

Well, last night I thought my problems were finally gone. Game was playable from ~1am all the way until 7.45am, when the whole thing went down the shitter again.

3pm now, and looks like I'm back to 8000ms, and disconnects. *sigh* Hurray for my latest 70... just can't do anything with him, until tonight I guess...

what kind of package should I get form True? I can't afford to spend a lot of money - for 1000 THB can I get something averagin 500ms (fine for grinding)

Frankly, I'd say you don't want anything to do with True, unless you're out of options. Myself, I used to have a 2.5mbps line that ran about 960b a month. This could be somewhat unreliable though. My PvP toons on The Underbog were getting 700-1500ms most of the time, I'd weep tears of joy when I actually saw 500ms. My PvE toons, on the other hand, usually get 500-650ms on Proudmoore, with occasional streaks of 380-470ms. I'm desperately trying to search for other options right now, but I don't think I have many, at least until I move again during the middle of the year.

All in all, I hope you weren't actually thinking to Arena seriously, here in Thailand. Welfare epics ftw!

I play on Draenor, last week has been unplayable. Unless i get up at 3am then i can play tell about 7am. Lol has been a real hassle trying to just to get the daily quest done on my hunter and lock. Have given up tell it gets fixed.

Now 3 AM and my latency 800-900ms.

I play on Draenor, last week has been unplayable. Unless i get up at 3am then i can play tell about 7am. Lol has been a real hassle trying to just to get the daily quest done on my hunter and lock. Have given up tell it gets fixed.

My main's on Cho'gall, a 70 UD Shadow priest, but I'm rerolling my alt on Jubei'Thos, an oceanic server, along with around 6 of my other friends. I always find people make alts of classes that gank them the most while they're leveling, so naturally I had to decide between a rogue or a lock :D

Damien, are you tanking or going into raids as dps? I'd be interested to hear more about warrior endgame as I have a 53 warrior sitting around :o

I mostly go specced as a tank but occasionally I go as dps spec and put tanking gear on for a couple of fights that absolutely need 2 tanks (me and the other tank). Kara mostly drops tank gear for warriors with a few weapons and cloaks/rings for dps. But Im fully decked out in arena season 1 gear for dps since you can buy it with honour points now. I also got the dps helm from the badge vendor (cost 70 badges of justice) and I must say I cut a fine looking figure of an evil psychotic clown. Any way to post pics without a url?

Damian

Same problems here. I have a 68 Drenai warrior and 40 Human priest on Nagrand Oceanic and they're unplayable except between 2am-9am. Strangely enough I created a character on the US server Echo Isles and was sitting at about 400-600 with no problems or lag and that's during peak usage time (7pm bkk).

Yeah i just try tht server and its 600ms for me. Maybe i will lvl a rogue there until my server gets well

Same problems here. I have a 68 Drenai warrior and 40 Human priest on Nagrand Oceanic and they're unplayable except between 2am-9am. Strangely enough I created a character on the US server Echo Isles and was sitting at about 400-600 with no problems or lag and that's during peak usage time (7pm bkk).

If you kids could stop playing your stupid games and hogging bandwidth, some of us serious blokes could get some work done on the 'net (like Bit-Torrent downloading my favorite flicks!). Bstrds! :o

Edited by toptuan

Get a life
If you kids could stop playing your stupid games and hogging bandwidth, some of us serious blokes could get some work done on the 'net (like Bit-Torrent downloading my favorite flicks!). Bstrds! :o

He was just joking simonsimon. Downloading torrents takes more bandwidth than gaming heh.

Damian

Heh , I was joking too but serious kind. :D

Well for dttk's question:

I play alliance (human). So i enjoy killing taurens.

Hmm my main is warlock but i can't say warlock overpowered. Neither hunters. I think people feel classes with pets always OP.

Give mage's kitting abilities to locks then we can be OP. I would love to trade Fear and Death Coil for frost nova , blink , ice barrier , ice block , chilling effect on hit.

Get a life

He was just joking simonsimon. Downloading torrents takes more bandwidth than gaming heh.

Damian

I play (nowadays) mainly on Proudmoore. Also have other 70 toons on Underbog. Both server's latencies are still in the shitter. Online on PM now, about 1000-1100ms.

Confirm Echo Isles has been playable all day at about 600-700ms.

Raids start at 7pm, so massive dkp loss. :o

Does the net issue seem fixed for anyone?

I flew out of BKK mid-week and only just got back home. Seems Proudmoore is still at 1.8kms at 11pm.

Any resolution/fix in sight? Thought there was some news somewhere that said the net was supposed to have been fixed at the end of the week?

This isn't strictly on topic, as it's to do with net issues of another online game, but is anyone else having a problem connecting to Steam? I haven't been able to connect since Saturday and am not sure if the problem is with my isp or something else.

Im playing Pirates of the Burning Sea and my network performance has been up and down a lot over the last couple of weeks. I wish they would get it sorted out cos its pretty much unplayable right now :o

Hey man, could you let me know where you found a copy of that game? I'm pretty certain I want to give it a shot, but I'm not sure where to look. I checked the Zest site but it's not listed.

Cheers

Im playing Pirates of the Burning Sea and my network performance has been up and down a lot over the last couple of weeks. I wish they would get it sorted out cos its pretty much unplayable right now :o

Hey man, could you let me know where you found a copy of that game? I'm pretty certain I want to give it a shot, but I'm not sure where to look. I checked the Zest site but it's not listed.

Cheers

http://www.direct2drive.com/ has the digital download, i've not seen any shops with the actual box set yet in bangkok.

Let me know if you get it, i'll give you some hints etc and if you join the same server as me, i'll give you a hand getting started

• 3 weeks later...