Property Inspectors, Professional Report Needed

I'm about to put down a large sum of money to purchase a condo, and want to know if there are any professional property inspectors who know what to look for and will go through a property systematically, and give a professional report.

Thanks in advance.

It sounds like you are looking for a home buyers report. I'm not aware of any firms who do this here.

I have looked at providing this service in the past but there was not a great business case for it. It would only make fiscal sense to do so on property valued at more than 10,000,000, and there was very little demand for it. (Perhaps the market needs to be educated on the value of these reports??)

In the UK home buyers reports fetch approximately in the region of 300-500 pounds, (depending on house value) and they are carried out quickly by qualified professionals who are in abundant supply.

Unfortunately there is a major skills shortage in this field in Thailand, and Home Buyers reports carry a certain amount of legal risk associated with them.

The combination of skills shortage and legal risks is a worrying combination that few firms are willing to take on, for the relatively small rewards (vs. fees for commercial work).

The RICS does work with a number of Universities here and now has a couple of accredited property appraisal courses in place which bodes well for the future. Although insofar as I am aware none deal with home buyers surveys.

In the absence of this service here, I suggest that you appoint a legal consultant to carry out the conveyancing and if possible get someone familiar with high rise construction to inspect with you, and see if they raise any warning flags that might merit further structural investigation.

Although frankly if I had any doubt as to the structural integrity of a high rise building, I would rescind my offer and look elsewhere, no matter how much I loved it.

Edited by quiksilva