A Stay In Another Province Of Over 24 Hours

"Form for aliens to notify their change of address or their stay in the province for over 24 hours."

As stated on TM. 28; Question is: Is it required when one is visiting a Thai wifes cousin for a week or two while one's wife is supervising the buying of materials for house building?

My wife, son and I are just staying upcountry for a few weeks, staying at her cousins temporarily, so should I fill in the form TM. 28 and report to the local police station?

Any jokes are welcome.

Good Guy

As I understand it, wherever you stay in Thailand, your host is legally bound to notify the local police or immigration. This is whether in an hotel or private residence. so Strictly speaking your Thai wife's cousin's nephew's brother-in-law should notify police if you are staying there.

This is never done tho and imagine it is probably ok ish as long as you can be contacted by someone at your address on TM card.

I say probably as the law is the law and as you probably know, most laws can be implemented at any time and you could be fined.

In reality the police will not welcome extra forms to fill in and would probably not thank you for sticking to the letter of the law.

The letter of the law says Yes you must report.

For the odd night I would not worry.

As you are staying several weeks it is probably a good idea to go to the local police station, with your host and report. The host is also required to report your arrival!!