Korean Visa For Thai ,passport Questions?

Situation:

Moving to Korea with Thai wife. We area ctually marrried but she has a passport that says "Miss" plus her name.

Her passport has a 10 year visa to the US. Do we have to get her a new passport?

We don't want to lose the 10 year visa. Do we have to get a new passport now?

My new employer is sponsoring all of us including my two kids.

I am not married and we leave in Korea with the thai mother of my kid. But if you are married, it is even better and I believe you will be able to show a marriage certificate, translated into english. The korean embassy should be able to give you information too and even certify your marriage certificate.

If you travel with her, there should be no problem, thai are entitled to a visa on arrival, valid for 3 months. But many single man or woman are not allowed to enter Korea , particularly if they say they are coming to work here.

All of you should also have a return ticket to Thailand, they will ask it before you board to Korea.

It is also far more easy to bring your family here if you get your foreigner card before you bring your family in Korea.

All in all, I do not think that she should have to change her passport.

I have the Thai marriage cert.

The employer is trying set me up with everything in advance.

I am not familiar with the foreigner card.

We are hoping she does not have to change the passport because we are married and the names no longer match and somehow then lose the 10 year visa to the US.

But anyway thanks for the reply!

Situation:

Moving to Korea with Thai wife. We area ctually marrried but she has a passport that says "Miss" plus her name.

Her passport has a 10 year visa to the US. Do we have to get her a new passport?

We don't want to lose the 10 year visa. Do we have to get a new passport now?

My new employer is sponsoring all of us including my two kids.

I am not sure if thailand gives you back the old passport when you get a new one. The US visa is good even if it is in an old passport. You just need to bring both passports when you enter the US.

thai are entitled to a visa on arrival

No, Thais are entitled to enter Korea without a visa for up to 90 days.

I concur though that they may give Thai women a hard time upon entry. I once experienced this first hand with my wife (same last name, entering at the same time). I started to make a scene in the little office they led us to and they actually apologized and let us in.

thai are entitled to a visa on arrival

No, Thais are entitled to enter Korea without a visa for up to 90 days.

I concur though that they may give Thai women a hard time upon entry. I once experienced this first hand with my wife (same last name, entering at the same time). I started to make a scene in the little office they led us to and they actually apologized and let us in.

I concur with you about the hard time but as a married guy I think the OP will probably get his papers in order at the Embassy before leaving.

As for the hard time my colleague was pulled there on a business visit and put into a holding room with 28 other Thai women. She had been before no problem on her north American passport but that was in an Embassy for a visa so she used her Thai passport.

She can have an endorsement put in her present Thai passport at the MFA showing her marital status.

This sounds good and very doable I was hoping such a bird existed.

RE: two pasports Thailand gives you your old passport back if you get a new one but they do stamp a hole in it I think. I'll check this out we have one.

Thanks for al of your input

Since you are coming to Korea, I have to assume that you already have your work visa. Once you have your visa, you can also apply for a visa for your wife. She needs to get a F3 visa. This will allow her to stay as long as your visa is still valid. She will need a marrage license ( translated into Englisk or Korean). If you have children, they can also get the same visa, but they will need a birth certificate.

I've submitted all my paperwork the employer. What they are saying is I will be issued a number which I can to take to any Korean Consulate and that along with a valid passport be issued the Visa. Wife and children will be given a full ride on my coat tails.

• 5 months later...

Well, how did it all work out. I am searching the internet endlessly for this information. I am about to be issued my E-2 visa number here in Bangkok. They weren't too helpful when I called the Embassy regarding these same issues.