Frenchman And His Russian Girlfriend Involved In Major Road Accident In Central Pattaya.

sbk

rolled my Vigo last night on 304 about 20km west of Kabin Buri. Was doing about 100-110 and must gave fallen asleep for a few seconds. Woke up just as the car went into an unrecoverable skid, then it rolled. No idea how many times, probably just once. Ended up "parked" in the motorcycle lane on the other side of the road. Not a straight panel on the whole car, a write-off. Lucky for me and others there was no oncoming traffic. Incredibly I walked away without a scratch, but a bit of a sore head probably from lowering the roof line. Sleeping and driving definitely don't go together. Won't be thinking it can't happen to me any more. All over in a few seconds and no warning.

My next car will be a Vigo for sure. Going to the temple tomorrow.

Congratulation for he lucky escape....

Do not try this again though !!!

rolled my Vigo last night on 304 about 20km west of Kabin Buri. Was doing about 100-110 and must gave fallen asleep for a few seconds. Woke up just as the car went into an unrecoverable skid, then it rolled. No idea how many times, probably just once. Ended up "parked" in the motorcycle lane on the other side of the road. Not a straight panel on the whole car, a write-off. Lucky for me and others there was no oncoming traffic. Incredibly I walked away without a scratch, but a bit of a sore head probably from lowering the roof line. Sleeping and driving definitely don't go together. Won't be thinking it can't happen to me any more. All over in a few seconds and no warning.

My next car will be a Vigo for sure. Going to the temple tomorrow.

Congratulation for he lucky escape....

Do not try this again though !!!

Many thanks....it's way too scary to try it again....and besides, I got the perfect result first time. Not likely to improve on that.

its got a red plate but dont look like a new style bmw...so could be a dodgy rental...uh oh!!!!!!! definitely a write off too.

Not in Thailand. It will be back on the road in six weeks.

I saw a totalled red plate SUV in a garage body shop. Was told the guy rolled it the first week driving up to Korat. It was back in Pattaya and they said will be on the road in a month.

No log book endorsement like the DVLC does at "Home"

I was on Sukhumvit on the same side heading south when it happened. I was wondering what the traffic jam was! The bloke is very lucky.

Not really. Rolling a car is a lot safer than hitting something.

I've rolled a car at 120km/h and walked away without a scatch...landed upside down. My girlfriend who was sitting next to me was more shocked than injured.

It's really dangerous if you are in a convertible.

Frenchman and his Russian Girlfriend involved in major road accident in Central Pattaya.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Sumet from Pattaya Police Station was called to the Sukumvit Road in Central Pattaya on Thursday Evening to investigate a serious road accident involving a Frenchman and his Russian Girlfriend. At the scene, the investigating officer was met by Mr. Medhi Kong Tazan aged 27 from France and Miss. Anastasia Talanchuk aged 24 from Russia. Both sustained minor injuries in the crash which saw Mr. Tazan’s dark blue red-plated BMW 323i badly damaged. The car had overturned in the opposing lane and according to a witness, Mr.Tazan was seen driving at a high rate of speed when he appeared to lose control of the car which clipped the raised pavement on the central reservation and overturned onto the opposing lane. A further vehicle was involved in the accident which was hit by the overturned BMW. The driver of this car, Khun Sakshai aged 28 and his wife sustained minor injuries and received treatment in Hospital. Mr. Tazan was sent to Hospital and is likely to be charged with a variety of driving offences.

post-15964-1201958774_thumb.jpg

post-15964-1201958792_thumb.jpg

post-15964-1201958802_thumb.jpg

post-15964-1201958822_thumb.jpg

Pattaya City News

Friday 1st February 2008.

A few years ago I was first on the scene of a car sitting on its roof on a motorway. Driver said something blew across the road and he braked. The something turned out to be a plastic bag. So seems turning a car over is easily done.

Wilko is right- even if a car like that is sliding completely sideways it won't roll over unless the tires strike something.

If the car has been fitted with much wider than standard alloy wheels then it is possible.

Those would have to be some mighty wide tyres- even racing slicks won't induce a roll a passenger car just from spinning. Would have be a vehicle with a high center of gravity like an SUV.

Anyhow, seeing the pics in the Pattaya news clips article it's obvious he did in fact hit the median.

I was on Sukhumvit on the same side heading south when it happened. I was wondering what the traffic jam was! The bloke is very lucky.

Not really. Rolling a car is a lot safer than hitting something.

I've rolled a car at 120km/h and walked away without a scratch...landed upside down. My girlfriend who was sitting next to me was more shocked than injured.

It's really dangerous if you are in a convertible.

You can get away with this sort of stuff if you have a seat belt...without it's another kettle offish. (there's always someone who has escaped with out wearing one - yeah, right) but just remeber the ols demo on UK tV - put a egg in a shoe box and shake it and compare that to an egg in an egg box. Your body is still moving at 100 k or whatever and as the car rolls it is slowed down and beaten up by your own car.

A few years ago I was first on the scene of a car sitting on its roof on a motorway. Driver said something blew across the road and he braked. The something turned out to be a plastic bag. So seems turning a car over is easily done.

Wilko is right- even if a car like that is sliding completely sideways it won't roll over unless the tires strike something.

If the car has been fitted with much wider than standard alloy wheels then it is possible.

Those would have to be some mighty wide tyres- even racing slicks won't induce a roll a passenger car just from spinning. Would have be a vehicle with a high center of gravity like an SUV.

Anyhow, seeing the pics in the Pattaya news clips article it's obvious he did in fact hit the median.

the point I was trying to make was that to roll a car you really have to hit something else....width of tyre won't have much effect....(see FI Indy etc) but CoG is the all important factor, which as has been pointed out ids where SUVs and especially pick-ups have problems. Roll overs in Oz with SUVs are really common...the single car roll-over were a driver falls asleep, comes of the metaled road, wakes, tries to swerve back on hits the road crosses and rolls.

ABout rolling BMWs, I caught this on the road along the Suvarnahum airport. I saw the accident occur in my rear view mirror. That is the car hood that lays by the fallen light pole, the initial impact.

image001ds2.jpg

The front tire had hit that light pole. Both the driver and the passenger walked away thanks to seatbelts.

dsc04278wm5.jpg

Edited by Head Snake

for many years there has been quite a big community of arabs in france hence they dont look french or have typical french names. :o

hey you can get yourself a russian girlfriend for the day too.........up the stairs to polo club and turn left......might get meself a couple fri. :D