Joyriders Busted Along Rama Vi Road

george

Joyriders busted along Rama VI Road

BANGKOK: -- Some 200 police officers stationed at Phyathai station successfully arrested a group of 200 motorcycle and car racers and spectators at 2am Sunday, after they went on a rampage along Rama VI road.

The culprits were surrounded by teams of police at various points along the Rama 6 intersection and Vichaiyutr hospital.

Some of the joyriders tried to [... more]

--Bangkok Post 2008-02-03

Now they just need to crack down on the joyriding teenagers on my soi. I'm sure going back and forth popping wheelies for an hour at midnight is fun when you're 14, but it's a little annoying for the rest of us and unlike home it's considered impolite for me to go downstairs and yell SHUT THE !@#$ UP.

Now they just need to crack down on the joyriding teenagers on my soi. I'm sure going back and forth popping wheelies for an hour at midnight is fun when you're 14, but it's a little annoying for the rest of us and unlike home it's considered impolite for me to go downstairs and yell SHUT THE !@#$ UP.

5 gallon pail of cooking oil is dirt cheap and easy to spill... :o

Edited by Tony Clifton

The problem is that this is done so irregularly that it is of minimal value. Where I live, after about midnight there is constant motorcycle racing for several hours and they race right past police boxes. If the police were out and actually patrolly, then they could be a little more effective.

Riding a motorcycle is just Darwin's Law of Natural Selection played out on a human level. If i don't have the money for a steel cage to protect me from the nuts out there (i.e. a car), I'll opt to ride the bus (and everyone know that buses always win, in Thailand).

140 street racers get one-month jail term

Bangkok's Dusit District Court Monday sentenced 140 street racers to a one-month jail term, while police were to considering whether to proceed with legal action against their parents whose negligence led to their children participating in street racing.

The 140 racers - among around 300 arrested late Sunday night - were found guilty of holding and participating in an illegal motorcycle race in public, on Rama 6 Road, and sentenced to one-month in jail without suspension. The court also confiscated six motorcycles used in the race.

After the verdict, a throng of parents rushed to apply for their children's bail release causing some chaos. Those who did not ask for bail were later detained at Pathum Thani Detention Centre.

Source: The Nation - 05 February 2008