Spraying For Bird-flu In Chiang Mai !

Ricardo

I was driving along the Super-Highway this evening, when I came across a slow-moving yellow vehicle in the fast lane, spraying the grass & bushes in the central-reservation. :D

This is clearly part of the new governments' scheme, to eradicate Bird-Flu, by spraying noxious chemicals across the country.

Would it not make more sense, to spray chicken-farms & fields, than the central reservation of our highways, I wonder ? I must say that I've never even seen a chicken, lurking in the undergrowth, in these flowery places. :o

But Full-Marks for Trying, and covering all the angles, I thought. Jolly Good Show, Chaps ! :D

Edited by Ricardo

I was driving along the Super-Highway this evening, when I came across a slow-moving yellow vehicle in the fast lane, spraying the grass & bushes in the central-reservation. :D

This is clearly part of the new governments' scheme, to eradicate Bird-Flu, by spraying noxious chemicals across the country.

Would it not make more sense, to spray chicken-farms & fields, than the central reservation of our highways, I wonder ? I must say that I've never even seen a chicken, lurking in the undergrowth, in these flowery places. :o

But Full-Marks for Trying, and covering all the angles, I thought. Jolly Good Show, Chaps ! :D

Well we may not know why the chicken crossed the road but at least we know it won't pass bird flu on to us if the verges are sprayed.

I was driving along the Super-Highway this evening, when I came across a slow-moving yellow vehicle in the fast lane, spraying the grass & bushes in the central-reservation. :o

That my friend is the local council water truck :D Using the spray gun mounted on the top. They fill up usually at the top end of Chaiyaphum with klong water.

See them out all the time on Ring Road 1 watering the plants along the median. I think sometimes they also use pesticide but can't verify that.

Another reason not to go too fast in the 'fast lane'; there's little to no warning that a slow moving yellow truck is coming up.

Another reason not to go too fast in the 'fast lane'; there's little to no warning that a slow moving yellow truck is coming up.

You're not wrong!! The only warning you get is the notice on the back of the truck saying "slow moving vehicle"

Dear ThaiVisa members,

Thank-you for your PMs expressing sympathy.

Ever since Herr Ricardo was found by the maid, yesterday evening, slumped over his keyboard, he has continuously shaken & gurgled & giggled, similar to the sound a drain makes, as the water goes down. We have now linked this to a thin but potent book, the writings of an elderly lady named Edith Clampton, which he was discovered to be clutching at the time.

Following an X-Ray, his medical adviser has pronounced that his funny-bone may be bruised, but has not been broken, despite having been over-stressed during the reading of this book.

It seems to have been an unfortunate concatenation of the book, a worrying incident with a water-spraying vehicle en-route from his office in Ricardo Condo Towers, and a post on another thread claiming that the authorities were planning to spray the whole country, in a supreme effort to win the war against bird-flu !

A return to normality is expected shortly, but cannot be guaranteed, meanwhile please lend your thoughts and prayers to his remaining friend, and his shocked family. And watch out for those bird-flu sprayers !

Mrs Ricardo :o