Canadian Brutally Murdered In Ranong

Mosha

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dianne...you are such a passionate writer. I want to write a book and perhaps a screenplay. Let's do it in memory of Dale. This whole journey and the unfolding events, are like something you only see in the movies.

I have run across other forums...really nice it has become such a joke. Do you people not think that family may read this stuff in desperate search for strength and reason and to believe in humanity. It has been such a soul search. Dale went to the tiger temple, I want to as well. The security etc. we have had along the way of my animal visiting try to keep me away...very dangerous! My reply is I am not scared, I trust animals far more than people. I always know what an animal is capable of but humans...I don't.

Quote from ajarnforum..."we feel pretty scared, eh" this aint moosejaw, mary jane... Well I am not an idiot!!

Another Quote ''a fall while hiking in the jungle with his wife and her friends.

This would be the failed first attempt....my thoughts all along. Going up a mountain to a lookout, perhaps to buy property??

I have met so many good good friends of Dale's who cared about him and loved him. It was very apparent at the temple what they had to endure and the strength they had to sleep in the same room as the murderers family...who spat her goopy stuff in their beds. Dales friends so graciously turned a blind eye to it. Those are the descent ones, the ones that give hope that all humanity is not so horrible. The part that was not in the papers and that I am curious about is why has Nees mother not been arrested as an accomplice.I read the police report, she was present in the home as was the maid (who has now fled) and Nee.??

We have so many people to thank from everyone who chipped in to help, to arrange flowers, and all the customs we are not knowledgable about. To Sophon's Hideaway, The Secret Garden, Gilligan for the Buddha I wear and treasure, Pon, our police security, gave me his Buddha for protection...which I wear and treasure...such a great job...always around even through all the market shopping (I thought us ladies were alone)until I got whisked away on a motorbike!!

I have made so many wonderful friends here and I miss you all so very much! Don't worry...I am making a nice copy of Papa's picture. Thankyou for that and the buddha xo.

Dale was my brother...we are missing him deeply. It's so hard everywhere we go some sort of memorial plaque is on a bar-top or engraved into a chair...so many people in a country of millions know him and can't believe anyone would hurt him.

In the last two days I have been told of his tough exterior (that was Dale) One elderly man who owns a large business here came up to me and was so sad he just went through heart surgery and Dale had sent flowers to the hospital for him. He just said why him. His tears started and he walked away. Another person said there was a dog that was dropped off at the Vet and no one to pay for its care. He said to do what you have to save the dog and he paid the bill.

Many tears have flowed with many people, today was a song that came on WINDS OF CHANGE...it seemed like a message...who knows. The words sure fit...like he is ok. I so hope his soul is free. He did not deserve the fate he met. It`s so soul crushing that his kindness and generosity was taken advantage of.

I folow the Moskva

Down to Gorky Park

Listening to the wind of change

An August summer night

Soldiers passing by

The world is closing in

Did you ever think

That we could be so close, like brothers

The future's in the air

I can feel it everywhere

Blowing with the wind of change

Take me to the magic of the moment

On a glory night

Where the children of tomorrow dream away

in the wind of change

Walking down the street

Distant memories

Are buried in the past forever

I folow the Moskva

Down to Gorky Park

On a glory night

Where the children of tomorrow share their dreams

With you and me

On a glory night

in the wind of change

The wind of change

Blows straight into the face of time

Like a stormwind that will ring the freedom bell

For peace of mind

Let your balalaika sing

What my guitar wants to say

On a glory night

Where the children of tomorrow share their dreams

With you and me

On a glory night

in the wind of change

Sorry such a long post! I just read heartless stuff and got back on my rollercoaster again (I don't even like rollercoasters :o )

Then guess what song played...Mama I'm comin Home.

We have only just begun for you our Brother...I faced nee in jail and told her you sit with her in jail and run around your house with her family...she shed not one tear! I know your watching and proud of all the friends who really loved you.

It truely is a beautiful country. I know why the free spirited person you are chose to call it home (Long before Nee was in the picture)

I feel fortunate to have seen the beauty you saw.

The part that was not in the papers and that I am curious about is why has Nees mother not been arrested as an accomplice.I read the police report, she was present in the home as was the maid (who has now fled) and Nee.??

MaryJane...that was a touchy reading...I'm so sorry for your loss !

Questions:

1. How do you know that Nee's mother was in the house also (during the murder...I suppose...?)

2. The same question for the maid who fled (was she Thai ? or maybe Burmese....?) AND the same question for Nee, of course.

3. You wrote that you read the police report. That must have been a very detailed and long report, in Thai that is.

Q: are you absolutely sure that the OFFICIAL POLICE REPORT has been translated by an officially registered and sworn translator ? (that's VERY important for the trial, later) complete with stamps, name/address of the translator and such....!?

Advice: In case you have a copy of the OFFICIAL POLICE REPORT (in Thai) I suggest that you have it -again- translated in Canada* with a 'sworn and registered' Thai-English translator.

If you do that I also recommend you to have that translation stamped/signed by:

1. An Official International Notary Office in Canada

and, if possible:

2. Stamped and signed -as 'seen'- by the Thai Embassy or an official Thai Consulate.

The more official documents at the trial, the better your case.

I'm sorry but YOU and your brother can't be sure if there are translation mistakes in the Police report, so far....

Better sure than sorry...

* Or in Bangkok by a well known office.

Laopo

Thanks LaoPo, you always offer very helpful and intelligent replies.

Maid who fled=Burmese. She was told to go back to bed on that night.

Nee - Dale's evil greedy wife = Thai ...pondscum (sorry to associate her nationality with all the beautiful Thai people I have met)

Police report...no it was not translated officially, I will have to request another copy and have that done.

You have offerred so many VERY good points, much appreciated.

I do believe in paper trails

A note on "Andrew Drummond" I really think the work he does is wonderful, and has helped the Del Pinto case tremendously. His comments can be a real value here. Is this not a place where free speech is respected? Or supress. We may not all agree with everything everyone says, but we are big boys and girls? I am glad for the removal of plain old moron hurtful comments that serve no one well, as this is the path this thread had started on.

Thanks to LaoPo, Thaivisa, and all the contributors.....and Andrew Drummond.

Thanks Laopo,

I have got all the documents now...now I am looking for somone local and official to translate and notorize.

What a horrible read...alot more than reported. Her mother was present Mrs.Ladda Impan & Burmese housekeeper un-named. And Nee of course.

What do you all think of the death penalty? Some friends and family have been throwing that around and asking me.

Richard should be arriving today..soon. I hope it's today cause I kind of told the media. He's gonna be mad at me...if they show. Paybacks a b****. :o Well everyone says we have to keep up with the media so...I did what was right. I'm sure glad no-one did that to me , I was peeking around corners when I arrived!! Phew!

I will soon be starting a memorial MySpace for Dale. If anyone has pics to share please send them to me.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=707479&id=688781952" This is a pic letting him go in the Sea

Edited by MaryJane

• 2 weeks later...

Preliminary Trial date May 08/08

My Brother Dale,

Some may say I didn't know

How sadly you are mistaken

The other 39 years,

Where do you suggest I throw?

The love you cannot measure

The pain you will NEVER know

The memories that I treasure

Those are MINE, that I know forsure.

So please keep your opinions, wherever you feel safe.

Only I know, how each day my heart will break.

All I have to hold on to now...is that

His memory, and it will live on forever...

I love you Dale. Always have and always will...

Mary-Jane

post-57792-1205650579_thumb.jpg

Thanks Laopo,

I have got all the documents now...now I am looking for somone local and official to translate and notorize.

What a horrible read...alot more than reported. Her mother was present Mrs.Ladda Impan & Burmese housekeeper un-named. And Nee of course.

What do you all think of the death penalty? Some friends and family have been throwing that around and asking me.

Richard should be arriving today..soon. I hope it's today cause I kind of told the media. He's gonna be mad at me...if they show. Paybacks a b****. :o Well everyone says we have to keep up with the media so...I did what was right. I'm sure glad no-one did that to me , I was peeking around corners when I arrived!! Phew!

I will soon be starting a memorial MySpace for Dale. If anyone has pics to share please send them to me.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=707479&id=688781952" This is a pic letting him go in the Sea

"An Eye For An Eye." One sure way to see that justice is served in its entirety is to demand that Dales wife and her accomplices, each and every one of them, get the death penalty for the crime they have committed. They chose to murder Dale for their thirst for money, lots of it, an endless supply of funds generously available no questions asked. They have no remorse for their actions, all they have is their greed and the lacking of human attachment. How can they live with themselves? How can they trust each other?

I don't wish to offend anyone who believes otherwise, but I do wish to express my opinion regarding the issue of the death penalty. Under any other circumstances I would say let them rot in hel_l in a tiny damp cold cell with nothing to comfort them at all. Let them suffer a long lingering life of pain waiting to die for taking the life of someone so loving, caring, giving and trusting as Dale was. I would much rather see them suffer the most humilating stay in a prison cell, so lonely and dark, than let them die...for dying is too easy a punishment to be granted in my opinion. In this moment I believe that the death penalty secures the punishment to suit the crime with no chance of parole or buying ones way out of prison when it is believed that this atrocity has been forgotten. If there is any doubt that justice will not be served to the full extent of the law after a conviction of premeditated murder, or buy offs being dealt behind closed doors, why not finalize the judgement by seeking the death penalty.

Dales wife, her family and their friends all took advantage of his generosity for so many years, Dale didn't mind, he never saw it that way since he loved and respected them and was proud to fullfill his duty as a man, a husband, a brother, a son-in-law and friend to take care of everyone in the best manner he was able. This is my opinion and I am not ashamed to say so.

Miss me, but let me go

When I come to the end of the road

And the sun has set for me

I want no rites in a gloom filled room

Why cry for a soul set free

Miss me a little - but not too long

And not with your head bowed low

Remember the love that we once shared

Miss me - but let me go

For this is a journey that we must all take

And each must go alone

It's all a part of the Master's plan

A step on the road to home

When you are lonely, and sick of heart

Go to the friends we know

And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds

Miss me - but let me go

Do not stand at my grave and weep;

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry;

I am not there, I did not die.

~I hope that you can one day celebrate the wonderful life Dale had and not wallow in his Death any longer.I know he would want that for you.........Rest in Peace Dale :o

post-57780-1206202835_thumb.jpg

post-57780-1206203880_thumb.jpg

Edited by Collywoggs

Thanks Laopo,

"An Eye For An Eye." One sure way to see that justice is served in its entirety is to demand that Dales wife and her accomplices, each and every one of them, get the death penalty for the crime they have committed. They chose to murder Dale for their thirst for money, lots of it, an endless supply of funds generously available no questions asked. They have no remorse for their actions, all they have is their greed and the lacking of human attachment. How can they live with themselves? How can they trust each other?

I don't wish to offend anyone who believes otherwise, but I do wish to express my opinion regarding the issue of the death penalty. Under any other circumstances I would say let them rot in hel_l in a tiny damp cold cell with nothing to comfort them at all. Let them suffer a long lingering life of pain waiting to die for taking the life of someone so loving, caring, giving and trusting as Dale was. I would much rather see them suffer the most humilating stay in a prison cell, so lonely and dark, than let them die...for dying is too easy a punishment to be granted in my opinion. In this moment I believe that the death penalty secures the punishment to suit the crime with no chance of parole or buying ones way out of prison when it is believed that this atrocity has been forgotten. If there is any doubt that justice will not be served to the full extent of the law after a conviction of premeditated murder, or buy offs being dealt behind closed doors, why not finalize the judgement by seeking the death penalty.

Dales wife, her family and their friends all took advantage of his generosity for so many years, Dale didn't mind, he never saw it that way since he loved and respected them and was proud to fullfill his duty as a man, a husband, a brother, a son-in-law and friend to take care of everyone in the best manner he was able. This is my opinion and I am not ashamed to say so.

I think the prosecution will automatically request the death penalty in a clear cut case of premeditated murder like this with no obvious mitigating circumstances. Then it is up to the judges who have a great deal of flexibility, unlike in, say, Singapore where in a case like this they would be obliged to hand down death sentences. However, very few death sentences are carried out these days and those that are are usually for what is regarded as particularly heinous in the eyes of the Thai authorities e.g. drug related crime and murder of policemen. Even after the appeal process is exhausted, there are opportunities to have the sentence commuted in royal amnesties.

There will be no death penalty for the woman. It's not done for cases like this.

If one wishes to discuss the need for western approaches to the Thai justice system then this opens the way for the discussion of western sentencing and punishment. In Canada, even if convicted of murder in the 1st degree, the accused would be looking at "life" imprisonment with parole likely after 15 years. As the charges here will most likely be argued down to the equivalency of a 2nd degree murder charge in Canada, then the Canadian penalty would be 15-25 years imprisonment with parole after 10 years. If a lengthy prison sentence is given in Thailand, the chances are that the incarcerated person will either die in prison or will have a significantly reduced life expectancy due to harsh living conditions. Incarceration in Thailand is a living hel_l.

I am not arguing the pros or cons of the death penalty, but I have to wonder if it would serve any benefit to the victim's family. Study after study in the USA shows that for most victims' families there is no closure and no healing despite the execution of a killer. Even if the death penalty was given, there would be an appeals process. Does it serve the victim's family any good to be put through that torment? I grabbed this from a victims' organization website; "The lengthy appeals that inevitably follow a death sentence force a grieving family to revisit the murder -- "to relive it and relive it and relive it. It's like opening the wound again." I couldn't do it and my life surely would be disrupted by a long drawn out case. Better to close this out quickly and be done with this evil. Does anyone really want to know that they had the hand in the death of someone else, no matter how evil that person was?

If this was my family member or if I met my end this despicable way, you can bet I'd want to rip the innards from these people. Being removed from the situation allows for a more neutral approach I suppose, but in this case I don't have to live with the pain and anguish.

People will read into this case whatever they want. For me, when I read the items about the kindness shown for the dog requiring treatment, the flowers sent to the man recovering from heart surgery, and the love from the victim's friends, that put a face on a guy I never knew and he wasn't just another stat that showed up in a monthly fatality log.