Best Car Wash In Pattaya / Jomtien ?

North

I was going to naklua so I went into Andy's around 3pm. Bt140 basic or Bt170 including underneath. I said I'd call back and they said no later than 5pm as they close !!! they originally said 30 minutes which I find is a rushed job.

Not a bad job but lacking in attention to detail so obviously a rush job even though I said I'd come back in 2 hours. They spoiled it by running the truck onto the gravel when wet.

Thier current deal is Bt2400 for 23 or 24 washes which works out at Bt100 (if 24) so you'd save Bt40. I won't bother going back.

So for me the best is still the one behind Expats but you have no-where to sit except out in the open and its mega hot in the daytime. Looked at some on 3rd Road after Klang but there seemed to be about half a dozen of them !

I was going to naklua so I went into Andy's around 3pm. Bt140 basic or Bt170 including underneath. I said I'd call back and they said no later than 5pm as they close !!! they originally said 30 minutes which I find is a rushed job.

Not a bad job but lacking in attention to detail so obviously a rush job even though I said I'd come back in 2 hours. They spoiled it by running the truck onto the gravel when wet.

Thier current deal is Bt2400 for 23 or 24 washes which works out at Bt100 (if 24) so you'd save Bt40. I won't bother going back.

So for me the best is still the one behind Expats but you have no-where to sit except out in the open and its mega hot in the daytime. Looked at some on 3rd Road after Klang but there seemed to be about half a dozen of them !

I agree with you about Andy´s place, I won´t go back either.

The other one, behind Expat Motors I have tried to locate, but until now I haven´t found it, can you give me some directions how I can find it ?

North

Actually, in part it depends on the personal mood of cleaners, on any given day .. For example, i used to wash in one place>Rangnam Esso & one shift did it well, while, the other one i've tried was lousy .. Also, like the one LPG station i use now, they were quite lousy & i've almost swore off from visiting them, but alas with it being right next to my condo, i consented & surprise , after a few visits, they've started to 'recognise' me & as the result, present me, with much more thorough & cleaner jobs :D Guess it pays in the long term to patronise one place, if you want to get better treatment :o ..

And remember try to wash your car well before the dusk, either, they tend to get tired toward the end of the day, or the darkness really helps ..

The other one, behind Expat Motors I have tried to locate, but until now I haven´t found it, can you give me some directions how I can find it ?

North

As you are headed towards Pattaya on Thapraya Road, look for the Pan Pan restaurant on the left. Just past there is a car rental place on the same side of the road. The car wash is behind the rental place. It's kind of hid but you can see the ramps from the road.

Hi all,

I am visiting Jomtien and Pattaya for a few weeks, and I would like to find a good place for washing the car.

A friend of mine has recommended the company at the PTT petrol station on Thepprasit road in Jomtien. I went there to have a look at their work. They were very thorough doing the job, but it worried me to see how they were using water hoses with very high pressure to clean the car. In my opinion the pressure was too high.

Later today I was told by another friend, that the paintwork on the bumper of his car was damaged at this carwash.

Can you recommend a good place for washing the car, where they do not damage the car when washing it ??

North

Be careful at the car wash.......i went to a car wash recently and asked if they would also clean the tray on the back of my pickup...whilst ding this they dislodged the liner which prevented the tailgate from closing....rather than working out why they forced the tailgate shut which jammed the locking mechanism. whilst trying to free it they then broke off the rear handle. They agreed to pay for the repair, so I took the vehicle to a local dealer to have it fixed, when I arrived an employee of the company drove his pickup into the side of mine.......

OK...at the end of the day I got a free new tailgate handle, a free service and oil change, and 2 free car washes.....so alls well then ends well.

Well here is a bad one, did a Sunday morning clean at Home Works on Suk next to the new Big C no one there just me, they missed half of it.. not worth complaining but will avoid it from now. Don't see them lasting long

Agree with you, washed my car there few days ago, took 45 minutes and job done so so, the only bright part, their manager/receptionist gal is very cute..:-)

Well here is a bad one, did a Sunday morning clean at Home Works on Suk next to the new Big C no one there just me, they missed half of it.. not worth complaining but will avoid it from now. Don't see them lasting long

Agree with you, washed my car there few days ago, took 45 minutes and job done so so, the only bright part, their manager/receptionist gal is very cute..:-)

Thats why I never complainded.

• 4 months later...

North

As you are headed towards Pattaya on Thapraya Road, look for the Pan Pan restaurant on the left. Just past there is a car rental place on the same side of the road. The car wash is behind the rental place. It's kind of hid but you can see the ramps from the road.

This place is way overpriced. They charge 180 baht for small car. Only 6 weeks ago, they charge 120.

This Andy's Car Care......is that the one at the end of 3rd Road near North Pattaya Road?

They have a promotion: buy 10 coupons for 999 baht. Will save THB 71 per time you leave your car there: complete treatment: cabin, outside, underneath, engine compartiment; washed and waxed (body).

Personally I'm a scared of buying coupons, because after almost 5 years in Thailand, it could happen, that Andy's will just stop and/or sold.

Andy's car care is quite good! I usually go to the one behind the PTT petrol station down on Naklua street (sorry forgot the name). It is about 3 km down from the Dolphin circle on the left side. I get my motocyc cleaned there as well, although a bit on the expensive side (100 Bht incl. waxing).

North

As you are headed towards Pattaya on Thapraya Road, look for the Pan Pan restaurant on the left. Just BEFORE there is a car rental place on the same side of the road. It's the turning into Jomtien Condotel.

To combat the lack of aircon while waiting hop onto a Baht Bus into Pattaya and go to a Go-Go bar for a short time and hop a Baht Bus back.

• 1 year later...

<!--quoteo(post=1815280:date=2008-02-12 22:51:53:name=torrenova)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (torrenova @ 2008-02-12 22:51:53) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1815280"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I was going to naklua so I went into Andy's around 3pm. Bt140 basic or Bt170 including underneath. I said I'd call back and they said no later than 5pm as they close !!! they originally said 30 minutes which I find is a rushed job.

<b>So for me the best is still the one behind Expats</b> but you have no-where to sit except out in the open and its mega hot in the daytime. Looked at some on 3rd Road after Klang but there seemed to be about half a dozen of them !<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

North

Yup I'm afraid I have to join the avoid Andy's car care league.

Went there yesterday for the first,and last time,and wqas straight pushed to have a full wax and polish.Remind you this is a weeks old car.When i replied that I wanted a regular wash they continued with pushing to buy their 2400 Baht membership.When I declined that offer as well I got the request to pay upfront for the wash.I stay in Thailand long enough to know that that indicates how poor the service will be so told them to forget about the job as I would take my car to another carwash if they didn't trust me for 160 baht while they actually are keeping my car as long as I will not have paid.

The lady went hostile right away with replying that I should go back to my home country and ended with her kicking ny car when leaving the place.