Best Car Wash In Pattaya / Jomtien ?

North

Hi all,

I am visiting Jomtien and Pattaya for a few weeks, and I would like to find a good place for washing the car.

A friend of mine has recommended the company at the PTT petrol station on Thepprasit road in Jomtien. I went there to have a look at their work. They were very thorough doing the job, but it worried me to see how they were using water hoses with very high pressure to clean the car. In my opinion the pressure was too high.

Later today I was told by another friend, that the paintwork on the bumper of his car was damaged at this carwash.

Can you recommend a good place for washing the car, where they do not damage the car when washing it ??

North

They all do it the same way .If you want different ,then do it yourself .

Great answer ! Did you really try them all ? :D

Do it yourself ? Yeah, just bring the car to the bathroom and give it a shower ! :o

I am renting a room, not a villa with a private car wash.

Any help appreciated.

North

Hi all,

I am visiting Jomtien and Pattaya for a few weeks, and I would like to find a good place for washing the car.

A friend of mine has recommended the company at the PTT petrol station on Thepprasit road in Jomtien. I went there to have a look at their work. They were very thorough doing the job, but it worried me to see how they were using water hoses with very high pressure to clean the car. In my opinion the pressure was too high.

Later today I was told by another friend, that the paintwork on the bumper of his car was damaged at this carwash.

Can you recommend a good place for washing the car, where they do not damage the car when washing it ??

North

Well i have tried 8 different ones in pattaya and feel im somewhat experienced in this,price for the usual wash and inside clean is 120-140 baht, in jomtien there is one at the rear of expat motors next to pan pan,not bad, the best one is on road 3. go from pattata klang about 300 yards and its on your right ,looks a bit flash and has an air conditioned waiting room ,(expensive but very good ) there is one just before that on the same side, again about 140 baht but take earplugs, they blow the water off with airlines and its BLOODY NOISEY " Edited by mikethevigoman

I always use the one on Thepprasit road. when you just come of Sukhumvit its on your right side after about 100-200 meters.

I tried the one at the Ptt station a few times to but to be honest i think the one i mentioned first is the better one.

There is also a good one on third road just before the intersection with naklua on the right side..

There is a small restaurant opposit of this carwash were you can get a nice cop of coffee while you are waiting for you car.

They all do it the same way .If you want different ,then do it yourself .

Great answer ! Did you really try them all ? :D

Do it yourself ? Yeah, just bring the car to the bathroom and give it a shower ! :o

I am renting a room, not a villa with a private car wash.

Any help appreciated.

North

North, if not having a private carwash is the only problem: Your condominium complex might have a possibility to wash a car. Just ask and find out; otherwise there are plenty of possibilities around town.

I've 2 good car care places: one on Soi Kopai, off South Road Soi 3 after 200 meters to the right and the other one, (mentioned earlier) near the intersection 3rd Road and North Pattaya Road.

Closest to Jomtien and South Pattaya area are of course the places on Thepprasit Road and Theppraya Road.

had mine done today and concur with Mikethevigoman, the one on 3rd road, on the right just after the back entrance road to Carrefour. its next door to a pool hall with a big 8 ball sign above the entrance overhanging the road. it has a black and white tiled floor with air con'd waiting room and free internet access on 3 terminals. even has nice toilets! it cost me 240 in and out for my SUV. if you can leave it for a few hours the job seems to be better when they do not have to rush for a waiting customer. you see all sorts of fancy cars in there, plenty of mercs, even a black hummer!

North,

In my short time here (about 6 yrs) I have visited many car wash facilities (not a pastime of mine, just a neccessity) and IMHO Andy Car Care, 3rd Rd, about 100 meters before Pattaya Nua on the right when approaching from Pattaya Klang cannot be beat for value for money.

The guy who runs the operation is, I beleive (from the short conversations I have had with him) half Thai/half Hawaiian (American).

A total inside / outside / underneath (please no smutty replies) wash, the last time I was there, was 170 Baht.

The staff are polite, there is a small Thai bar / restauraunt opposite, I haven't had my car keys coppied and my motor later removed and sent to Cambodia (if you know what I mean), all in all good service.

Once again, this is only my opinion.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I had a walk today on 3rd. road and found two of the company´s mentioned here, Andy´s place and the car wash near the back entrance to Carrefour.

As it looked like it would be raining again in the afternoon I did not get the car washed today, but tomorrow morning I´ll check them out.

Thanks again.

North

Reason for edit: Spelling.

Edited by North

The one behind Expat Motors on Thappraya Road is good and about Bt180 or so. The one at BigC North Pattaya asked so much I just laughed and walked off.
I have to agree with you there, i made the mistake of going there and not asing the price as it seems like all the other car washes, when i got back and they asked me for 450 baht or someting, i said what did you do respray it !. first and last and i think they are taking the p1ss,

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I had a walk today on 3rd. road and found two of the company´s mentioned here, Andy´s place and the car wash near the back entrance to Carrefour.

As it looked like it would be raining again in the afternoon I did not get the car washed today, but tomorrow morning I´ll check them out.

Thanks again.

North

Reason for edit: Spelling.

This one is good however I would use it every week while shopping at carfor if they had a buggy that dropped you off there while you left your car. Lazy I know but the kids complain :o

This Andy's Car Care......is that the one at the end of 3rd Road near North Pattaya Road?

They have a promotion: buy 10 coupons for 999 baht. Will save THB 71 per time you leave your car there: complete treatment: cabin, outside, underneath, engine compartiment; washed and waxed (body).

Personally I'm a scared of buying coupons, because after almost 5 years in Thailand, it could happen, that Andy's will just stop and/or sold.

to all single men shopping at big c,be warned there are two very attractive girls who help you load your car ,then wash it,all they want is a lift to tesco,on the way they climb into the front seat and fondle and kiss you.

when they have left you discover your wallet has been stolen.

this happened to me last saturday,twice on sunday and three times yesterday.its sure to happen again ,once i buy some new wallets.

I have used 3 during my recent 'reincarnation' in Pattaya. In order of preference:

On Sai Sahm, not too far from the back entrance to Carrefour (NOT the place with the checkerboard bits but close to it). I think it's the last spot before the blocks of shophouses start. They also have a guy selling duck, rice, noodles and other stuff off to the right-hand side so can have a snack while u wait. Good job, less than B150 for a pickup shampoo, rinse and blow dry.

Opposite Outlet Mall on Thepprasit, close to Sukhumvit. Decent job, aircon waiting room with optional capucino. Sometimes very busy as weekends but another decent job. They even binned my house garbage that I had forgotten and left in the truck bed... sorry chaps! I think they charge B180 but less than song loy anyway.

And one to avoid. Kitti Car Care, off the Pattaya-Naklua road. Used to be THE car wash in an earlier 'incarnation' but they still haven't fixed the aircon in the waiting room and the last time I pulled in, I waited for a couple of minutes and when nobody stepped out for the keys, I took my mucky wheels elsewhere.

Hi all,

Thank you for all inputs.

Yesterday I went to Andy´s place. I got the car washed, price 140 baht.

In my opinion the car was not clean after the wash. The wheels were dirty, and also on each side of the car where the " plastic bumpers " are put on the doors ( sorry I don´t know if this is the right word for them, I hope you know what I mean) it is dirty, everything went so fast there though, so I did not see it until after I left the place.

I do a better job myself, but since I am not at home I need to go somewhere to get the car washed.

I will try another one next time, maybe the one near the back entrance to Carrefour.

North

I will never use the one on Thepprasit road again (MP gasoline center). There are two right next to each other. The one I am referring to is closest to Sukhumvit hwy.

I asked for the complete cleaning Inside/outside/under and engine compartment. They said 500 baht which I thought was a little high but agreed.

I watched from a distance and they (the staff) never drove the truck onto the rack to clean/spray the underside.

They cleaned the engine compartment very good however.

When I questioned why they didn't clean under the car she (the cashier) asked the guys if they cleaned the under side and they (of course) replied they did.

I told the cashier they never drove the truck on the rack and didn't clean the under portion....she just looked at me with the typical deer in the headlights look.

I will never return.

I agree that Andy's is pretty good most of the time.

cheers

Got my pickup washed and waxed for 400 baht. Gas station just passed Klang on the left side heading west (towards BKK) on Sukumvit

The one you mention is very good indeed.Also for big bikes.As far as I know in my 14 years overhere the only one where the bike and car are clean.

P.s.: Don't tell anyone cos I don't like to wait long time when I go there.

I lived in Jomtien and have used a number of car washes. The one I used most often and like the best is the one behind the car rental place near Pan Pan. I alway had the car washed when I was hungry so I could kill some time having a bite to eat at Pan Pan.

One to definitely avoid is the AUTOGLYM one on Third Road, think this may be the one that has been suggested a couple of times, near the Carrefour back entrance turn-off.

It may be alright for a wash, but never, ever trust them to polish your car :o

Some months ago I had a full wax job done on the car and the idiots went and waxed the windscreen, so first time out at night a few days later when it rained, I could barely drive 20 KPH due to smearing.

I returned to them a few days later, the next time I'm in Pattaya and to cut a long story short decided to leave before I was thrown out. A polite request, to see what could be done about it, interested the moronic manager less than seeing how quickly he could turn nasty. All sweetness and light of course when you book the car in.

So, avoid at all costs unless you fancy the potential for fisticuffs with them.

For anyone living in the Mabprachan/Pong area, there is a good car wash on the 3240 ("True") road that runs from Sukhumvit to the lake and beyond.

Approaching from Sukhumvit, you will find it on the right, about 500 meters before the 7/11- Crocodile farm turn off/ crossroads.

You can't miss it as it's in a big open space, usually with several cleaned cars parked up there.

Aircon waiting room, 160 Baht .

North,

In my short time here (about 6 yrs) I have visited many car wash facilities (not a pastime of mine, just a neccessity) and IMHO Andy Car Care, 3rd Rd, about 100 meters before Pattaya Nua on the right when approaching from Pattaya Klang cannot be beat for value for money.

The guy who runs the operation is, I beleive (from the short conversations I have had with him) half Thai/half Hawaiian (American).

A total inside / outside / underneath (please no smutty replies) wash, the last time I was there, was 170 Baht.

The staff are polite, there is a small Thai bar / restauraunt opposite, I haven't had my car keys coppied and my motor later removed and sent to Cambodia (if you know what I mean), all in all good service.

Once again, this is only my opinion.

I know it's NOT Pattaya related, but after reading this, i just couldn't do, without adding my 2 satang ..:D . My favorite one is ran by vietnamese guys in small Cambodian town of O'smach next to the Chong Chom border in Surin province (& from what i conclude, many others in Cambodia) . They actually DO thorough underneath & engine wash , & the rest of the job done just fine* (except,in the end they try to spray innards of the a/c with the perfume i personally don't fancy ) All in all costs me less than a hundred (which is still a bit overcharging, due to my looks*) . Cambodia being a dirty country,due to lack of paved roads , so they've mastered the art of carwash :o ..

On the other hand, when in Bangkok, i normally use the same carwashes with cabbies, which also comes to less than a hundred *(normally i give a 100 for complete scrub anyways).. not as spectacular, as the abovementioned, but gets the job done :D