Prices And Manufacturers Of Tuk Tuks !?

bubu

Hi all ...

Where can I find manufacturer and prices of Tuk Tuks in Thailand?

I only found Expertise ...

Who has information about prices of Tuk Tuk ...

I read something about 80.000, but something about 300.000 as well ...

I think 80K might be absolutely base.. Think 80-150K and that's pretty much the range.

300K might include a license to operate as a taxi.

They're really crap vehicles by the way.

Why do you think they are crap vehicles?

Meanwhile I received an offer of one manufacturer ... prices 4000-5000 €uros ...

This is much more than I expected ...

I saw them in Udon Thani where they are used everywhere for less than B100,000 and I believe one of the member at the Pattaya City Expat club less them in Pattaya for around that price. Come to Henry J. Beans Sunday morning @9:30 and look for Ian.

Looked at some at a shop outside of Nong Khai (Phon Pisai) that were offered at 55,000 baht... New, 150cc engines, put with no lic. or permit, but they said that you did not need any for use in Issan... Have seen older / used ones here in Kalasin offered at 35,000 baht, but were really "Used" and looked it...

Pianoman

Actually there at are two places in Udon and I'm confident you will find them in any large city. I have heard for 60K up on a new one. They do well for what they are designed, slow travel. Yuo get into the larger engines and they will infact scoot right along. However they are very unstable and easy to turn ove. My understanding is you need a different kind of drivers license to operate them, but just what I heard not what I know.

There are many different syles and the prices very with the style, the ones produced here in Udon are very basic.

Where are you located?

What style do you want, I have seen them with four cylinder car engines him, so there is a lot of choices around.

I remember about a year ago walking by one of the places in Udon that makes/sells them. A pretty nifty looking new one was priced at 58K baht.

A friend of mine drove one once and said they were a bitch to drive. Probably just takes getting used to.

edit - AFAIK just a regular license is needed to legally drive one. Perhaps a special license is needed to legally haul passengers for hire; just a guess on my part I don't really know.

Edited by LoveDaBlues

If I would know that there are some manufacturers in Udon Thani I would invest in a flight to Udon and have a look ... 60,000 for a new Tuk Tuk is the cheapest that I ever heart about ...

While in town the other day I thought about your post and stopped in a shop here that sells new Tuk Tuks and priced them.... Depending on any Extra's, and there weren't that many offered, they ranged from 60,000 to 75,000 baht... This place is just a dealer and not a manufacture.... Anyway, those are the prices in Kalasin...

Pianoman

Hi.

I thought I would add some more background information to this thread, which may also answer some of the questions posed by other postees. Tuk-Tuks mainly fall into three types the Familiar Bangkok style with a soft roof and side entrance normally running on LPG, the Motorcycle (Dragon bike) style and lastly the Ayuthaya rear entrance hard top style. post-36922-1203048761_thumb.jpg shown (hopefully) in the attached photo.

Each Changwat (County) has it's own quota of Licences issued for Tuk-Tuk taxis, and each Changwat also specifies what types of Tuk-Tuk can be used in that particular Changwat. As you can imagine the quotas were filled almost as soon as they became available. In Phitsanulok and Ayuthaya the "hard top" Tuk-Tuks came in two sizes, the smallest (short wheelbase) had a 350cc engine and the Biggest (long wheelbase) seen in the photo (borrowed from another thread) had a 500cc petrol engine, convertable to LPG. The long wheelbase Tuk-Tuks were obviously better for business, but as no new licences were being issued it was neccessary to purchase an old licensed "Short wheelbase" Tuk-Tuk and rebuild it as a "Long wheelbase" as it is/was possible to keep the licence with a rebuilt vehicle.

The Ayuthaya style Tuk-Tuks are built by hand, all the buyer has to do is turn up with the part of the old sub-frame with the chasis number stamped on it and a new Tuk-Tuk is built around it! A tracing of the chasis number is kept in the log book the same as for an ordinary car Hence the neccessity to have the original part. Prices ranged between 95K and 120K dependent on the extras required, plus the cost of the original licence (about 30k) and the old veh (20 - 30K)

It was quite an investment for the average Thai driver.

Tuk-Tuks of the Ayuthaya style can be registered as private vehicles but of course with the white registration plates as opposed to the yellow Taxi plates. They are fun to drive and are very strong "workhorses", but you do need to keep them on reasonably good roads as they are "three wheelers". As for where to buy or get one made to order, Just ask the driver of the nicest looking Tuk-Tuk in your area, they would probably be only to pleased to show you the place of manufacture!

Regards Nibor.

• 2 months later...
Hi all ...

Where can I find manufacturer and prices of Tuk Tuks in Thailand?

I only found Expertise ...

Who has information about prices of Tuk Tuk ...

I read something about 80.000, but something about 300.000 as well ...

Dear Sir,

We " Siam world Group company " a trading and exporting company from thailand more than 20 years. We can supply you Tuk Tuk. Actually there are many factory to make tuk tuk in Thailnad. the price it is difference due to machine. If you need the new engine kprice is higher. If you can accept rebuilt machine price will be cheaper. If you need more details, please contact us at any time.

Waiting for your prompt reply soon.

Thanks and best Regards,

Ukrit

post-61962-1210583843_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone!

Would like to import 2 used tuktuk in good shape to Sweden, how do I do? Anyone with experience?

I want them to be as the attached picture, not the coulor but the model.

Thanks

//Johan

post-66310-1218533070_thumb.jpg

Edited by Iwdal

Hi Johan

Best to speak to the customs department first, to see if there is any import duty to be paid in sweeden

Once you have that covered, contact any freight shipping company in BKK, they will assist you to deliver the Tuk Tuk

For buying the Tuk Tuk, look at the above posts, as a few companies where mentioned

Cheers

I saw a tuktuk on blocket a while back. It was registered, road legal and all. The price was around 400.000 baht.

If you want to import your own tuktuk to Sweden.

1. Make sure that you fulfill the criterias for the tuktuk with bilprovningen. Indicators, certificate about the level of noice etc.

2. Get all the needed papers.

3. Think about how will you transport it there? Ro-ro or container?

4. Take the tuktuk to bilprovningen to get it "besiktigad" (like MoT?).

5.Tax and insurance.

If you are about to pay the import duty yourself you have to go to the import duty department (tullen) to pay the import duty and tax. After that you paid that you will get a recipe that you must have to be able to collect your tuktuk at the freight company.

Edited by Hawkup2000

Believe it or not but Tuk Tuk's have been used on the street's of the UK recently.

A company tried to run a fleet of 6 Tuk Tuk's in Brighton but they were unable to obtain any insurance and had also flouted several transport Law's thus ending their time. They have now also started running around the street's of Plymouth as well.

Hippy nonsense.

I remember about a year ago walking by one of the places in Udon that makes/sells them. A pretty nifty looking new one was priced at 58K baht.

A friend of mine drove one once and said they were a bitch to drive. Probably just takes getting used to.

edit - AFAIK just a regular license is needed to legally drive one. Perhaps a special license is needed to legally haul passengers for hire; just a guess on my part I don't really know.

The ones made in Udon are 'skylab' (or in Laos, 'jumbo'), much larger than the Bangkok tuk-tuk. They don't make the Bangkok-style tuk-tuks in the northeast, if that's what you're looking for.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought my first Tuk tuk (Bajaj 150cc) -93

I found one here in Sweden that was inported -93 new and was used for EM in Athletics 1994.

It's in good shape, no rust but it has some problems with brake and engine.

1. When I use the front brake it start to pulsate and the steering feels swampy??

2. The engine is a 145.5cc but it feels week, on fourth gear it barely maintain the speed. Anyone with an idea.

Can it be the silenser that is stuffed and need to be repased.

3. Anyone knows the stroke length of the 150cc, thinking of upgrade it to 170cc. Does a Vespa cylinder fit on the engine? It´s hard to find parts here in sweden but it looks like vespa parts on the tuktuk.

post-66310-1220858660_thumb.jpg

post-66310-1220858684_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

any updates regarding prices?

i am talking about a tuktuk as shown in my avatar .... a regular bangkok tuktuk!

and what about the driver's registration?

all drivers of public transportation means (buses, taxis, tuktuks etc.) have a number.

is such a number n ecessary if the tuktuk is used only as a sightseeing tuktuk?

OP: there are a number of styles of tuktuk throughout the country, as well as the region.

The 'classiest' ones I've seen are in Siem Reap, they look like like old-time English carriages and are pulled by a motorcycle-type unit, connected by a sort of hinge (like tractor-trailers). I think they can hold more people as well.