Vegemite - Where In Stock?

g00dgirl

If any of you ladies out there have problems getting baby to suckle.

Rub Vegemite onto yer nipples, baby will lock on kwik as.

Start off by putting a little on a finger and let baby get used to it.

My missus was having probs with our 2nd, told to try it , it worked a treat.

One way to get lil people started on this very healthy food.

If you (hope not) have to use a pacifier, ditto, rub some on, baby will love it. Far healthier than sugary jam or honey.

One big problem in many families, is letting lil people know mum does NOT like sum particular food, the dislike transfers and often becomes worse.

What dad dun eat, dun like, dun matter.

Edited by Zpete

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Goodgirl

just been to tops, its everywhere if you cant find it well you need a guide dog then ( you can borrow mine)

the price is 375 for a jar of marmite.

well you have to be born in OZ to like vegemite, was down under for 4 years, never got to like it.

People who try it and don't like it tend to be smearing it on too thick. You just use a little smear rather than thick like peanut butter.

6 slices of vegemite on toast with a big mug of tea = perfect breakfast.

Tried it out on my Thai girl and she liked it. Can't read the jar so just calls it breakfast..

You've got her well trained, tw - I haven't met a Thai yet who likes the stuff.

it is a standing joke with my wife and 2 kids , they dont like it at all ,, but l gave some toast and vegemite to a lady up the road ,, she reckons saap mak mak ,,,just trying to be polite l think ,, she hasn't asked for any more in the last year or 2 ,,,, a 600gm jar will last me a month ,, maybe 6 weeks if l am stingy ,,,at the rate of 6 slices of toast and 2 cups of tea for breakfast ,, and the occasional cheese and vegemite sandwich ,,,,,, life just wouldn't be the same without it ,,,,ahhhhh ,, bliss

:o

cheers

egg

Another bonus from Marmite and Vegemite.

One of the causes of hangovers, is the loss of vitamin B.

Both are basically vitamin B concentrates.

That guy, Al K Hol, leaches the vitamin from yer system, it is needed to get rid of the alcohol.

Teaspoon of either will quickly replenish most of the loss, lessening yer chance of a baaaaaad hangover.

Eat as is, or dissolve in liquid, water ...... milk, woteva.

Odd that both are made from leftovers from beer making..........LOL

Another bonus from Marmite and Vegemite.

One of the causes of hangovers, is the loss of vitamin B.

Both are basically vitamin B concentrates.

That guy, Al K Hol, leaches the vitamin from yer system, it is needed to get rid of the alcohol.

Teaspoon of either will quickly replenish most of the loss, lessening yer chance of a baaaaaad hangover.

Eat as is, or dissolve in liquid, water ...... milk, woteva.

Odd that both are made from leftovers from beer making..........LOL

I remember seeing something on TV explaining that alcoholics tend to lack thiamin (which is why they stagger, even when sobre) and that yeast extracts are good supllements.

Edited by tw25rw

You've got her well trained, tw - I haven't met a Thai yet who likes the stuff.

She said she liked it.. They like strong flavours, so don't see why they'd hate it.

Personally, I love white toast spread liberally with real butter and thick vegemite... I savour it..

Personally, I love white toast spread liberally with real butter and thick vegemite... I savour it..

me too. has to be real butter - western star preferably but we cant get the stuff outside australia from what ive seen. but thick vegemite is the way to go for me too.

me too. has to be real butter - western star preferably but we cant get the stuff outside australia from what ive seen. but thick vegemite is the way to go for me too.

DONNA,

Out of curiosity.

Do skeeters bother you?

Like myself, you seem to be addicted.........LOL

I'm sure there's plenty of Australian made butter on sale, just not carrying that brand..

well lately i havent been eating it regularly due to the fact that ive been in a hotel for the past month. in thailand i used to be on the road for a month, then in bkk for a week, so it wasnt a regular thing for me.

so in regards to the mozzie question, ive had malaria 4 times, so i guess they DO bother me! hate the buggers.

I am not sure, but reckon there must be a thriving dairy industry.

I find dairy prices in Thailand less than half New Zealand prices.

1lb butter nearly 250 Baht.

500 ml of flavoured milk, which I live on when in Thailand, over 50B

Edited by Zpete

I am not sure, but reckon there must be a thriving dairy industry.

I find dairy prices in Thailand less than half New Zealand prices.

1lb butter nearly 250 Baht.

500 ml of flavoured milk, which I live on when in Thailand, over 50B

That just means that the retailers sell it more expensively in NZ.

I've been reading up on the Thai dairy industry, and it does exist, apparently mostly in the north. Looks like condensed milk is their main product.

Edited by tw25rw

Pete, I don't know the price of butter in Oz (or Thailand, for that matter) because I never use it, but I would be surprised if it was $9 a pound. A 500 gram tub of marg in Oz is around $2 (B60), a 250 gram tub of marg in LOS is around B100 (nearly twice the price for half the amount).

Pete, I don't know the price of butter in Oz (or Thailand, for that matter) because I never use it, but I would be surprised if it was $9 a pound. A 500 gram tub of marg in Oz is around $2 (B60), a 250 gram tub of marg in LOS is around B100 (nearly twice the price for half the amount).

Me either, butter is foul tasting once ya get used to lite cholesterol free spreads.

00048649.jpg

Homebrand Butter 250g

Price $1.06

500 gram $2.97

I went to Woolies, Mentone.....LOL....online shop, to see.

Homebrand be cheapest, so Western Star etc would be dearer.

Western Star Butter Regular 500g$4.29

I use Signature canola lite spread.

That is over $NZ10.00

I have no idea what local butter costs in Thailand.

Edited by Zpete

I went to Woolies, Mentone

Isn't Woolies called Safeway in Vic?

Possibly both.

Many people (?????) do not like one or the other.

Safeway in Mt Waverley was my shop, when living there.

Woolworths was the first site I could find with butter prices.

Clever bit of surfing, that. So let me just clarify this. You (Pete) spend $10 for a tub of marg? You could almost get a full pack of oilies for that! What would you rather have - a piece of toast and canola or a satisfying virginia cigarette for about the same price? Hmm, Benson 20s in Oz $10 (B300), in Thailand B85 ($3). It's not serious Pete - just wondering why you need to find such an expensive spread for your piece of bread?

Anyway, if I don't mention Vegemite I will be off-topic. So... 'Vegemite'. There.

Clever bit of surfing, that. So let me just clarify this. You (Pete) spend $10 for a tub of marg? You could almost get a full pack of oilies for that! What would you rather have - a piece of toast and canola or a satisfying virginia cigarette for about the same price? Hmm, Benson 20s in Oz $10 (B300), in Thailand B85 ($3). It's not serious Pete - just wondering why you need to find such an expensive spread for your piece of bread?

Anyway, if I don't mention Vegemite I will be off-topic. So... 'Vegemite'. There.

LOL, must remember that......

Ping, very hard to find Marg, in NZ.

I think ya gotz a wire crossed along the way.

I would neva buy butter, or pay that much.

Marg must be 80% fat.... ewwwwwwww.

My Signature, Woolies brand, lite canola spread, is specialed regularly at 1.65 for 500 grams.

No cholesterol........ low fat, 59%, many others are around 30%, but tasteless.

Butter and cheese prices going to continue to soar, world wide, this year.

I am enjoying extra vegemite in place of cheese.

My Signature, Woolies brand, lite canola spread, is specialed regularly at 1.65 for 500 grams.

Canola spread is just trans fats. Unlike cholesterol, trans fats are unnatural and have no place in the human body.

Canola spread is just trans fats. Unlike cholesterol, trans fats are unnatural and have no place in the human body.

For your info, from packaging which Aust NZ Food Standards Authority, would NOT allow if incorrect.

S R Canola lite spread. % per 100 grams of S.R. Canola spread

Sat fats ............................14.4

Poly unsat fats ...................14.4

Mono unsat fats ..................29.7

Trans fats .........................0.5

Cholesterol .......................0.0

I fail to see where you are coming from, what you are on about, it gets Heart Foundation tick.

Guess you know better, so be it, enjoy your iggarince.

Get some VEGEMITE into you. Vitamin B helps heal, you may get healed.

Edited by Zpete

For your info, from packaging which Aust NZ Food Standards Authority, would NOT allow if incorrect.

S R Canola lite spread. % per 100 grams of S.R. Canola spread

Sat fats ............................14.4

Poly unsat fats ...................14.4

Mono unsat fats ..................29.7

Trans fats .........................0.5

Cholesterol .......................0.0

I fail to see where you are coming from, what you are on about, it gets Heart Foundation tick.

Guess you know better, so be it, enjoy your iggarince.

Get some VEGEMITE into you. Vitamin B helps heal, you may get healed.

Was just reading that Australia has banned transfats from marg since 1996. Hadn't realised that.

Incidentally, most of the cholesterol build up causing heart disease etc is put there by the liver as response to high blood insulin. Eat a good diet low in starches and sugar and you can eat loads of fat with no problem.

I'll enjoy my, um, "iggarince", thanks.