Am I Eligible For Another Visa Exempt Stamp?

Hello,

In September and October 2007 I received three visa exempt 30 day stamps in my passport and used a total of 27 days out of the 90.

In November 10th 2007 I arrived into Thailand on a 60day Tourist Visa which I then extended for another 30 days on January 2. My visa expires tomorrow February 7th and I am wondering if it is possible for me to receive a further 30 day visa exempt stamp if I go to Cambodia tomorrow?

Thanks

You will only get 30 on entry but you should be able to use the full amount if you come in again - but anytime a close count has to be made there could be a few days one way or the other. When down to the last 30 days would highly advise having a real visa for entry.

ah brilliant thanks for the reply, so does that mean i can use all 57 days or just another 30?

You are only allowed 30 days on each entry. You could stay 30 days, then come back for more. You are getting close to being 6 months, so some of the days from September/October will start to be longer than 6 months ago and you will get to use those days again.

ah brilliant thanks for the reply, so does that mean i can use all 57 days or just another 30?

Once this 30 is up you can do another border run. Depending upon your exact dates you may get another 30 days :D or only 3 :o

The way they do the sums is a little esoteric, due to the six months not being a rolling period but fixed chunks counting from your first entry after the new rules came in. Don't forget that both entry and exit days count, so the day you do your border run can actually end up being counted twice :D

I'm sure that some kind soul will do the sums for you if you drop your actual dates into this thread :D Actually since you're near your 6 month period probably wise to do that anyway, just to avoid unpleasant surprises.