New Old Visa Rules!?

Hi, I am just back from the Thai -Cambodia border at Kap Choeng/ChomChom.

After my second entry on a tourist visa issued in Berlin, I got the info from an Immigration Officer, that next time I will come back I do not need a visa like a tourist visa any more."You do not have to wait 90 days again,come every 90 days " and said "sure".

I ask him, why do you change all the time the visarules,he replaid, "because a new primeminister"."Samak "I told, "oh you know him", of course I know."What do you think about him?"I just say he is a littlebit to old for reign this country.

For me that means 30 days visa runs again like before without staying 90 days outsight Thailand within 180 days.Same before October 2006.

Warni, are you saying that since October 2006 you have been staying outside Thailand 90 days in 180 days because you erroneously thought you had to? There never was any such rule. The current rule, ie Royal Thai Police Order No. 608/2549, says that you are allowed a maximum of 90 visa-exempt days in Thailand within 6 months. The remaining 90-92 days you can be in Thailand with any type of visa, for example a tourist visa.

--

Maestro

Maybe the immigration guy was meaning that since he had a visa, and had not used any visa exempt days, that he could stay for 90 days using visa exempt entries. Which is true if you have not used any.

Unless we get more clarification from the OP, we can't really know what he was talking about.