Hotel Prices Jumped Signicantly Nana Area

zorro1

Just had a friend arrive from Sydney last week and he checked into The Nana hotel just for the experience and after a few days he decided to move to a more upmarket hotel with internet but not too pricey. No problem, took him to the Dynasty Grand where I stayed many times and at 2200 bht the best value in town. NOT SO! 2800bht as of 1/1/2008

So suggested for and few hundred bht extra go to Majestic Grand a better hotel at those prices WRONG! as of 2008 they jumped from 3300 to 5000 bht. percentage wise their a big jump in price

coincidental I had a power outage here so just needed a bed and hot shower for 1 night and went to dynasty soi 4 and they also gone up from 1300bht to 1500bht. Definitely a trend for Nana area

This has been going on year over year in the 5+ years I have lived in the area. There have always been those Jan 1 increases. This section is being priced out of sight and people are paying it. Thank god I bought a condo a few years ago. I started out in the Ambassador Hotel for 650 baht a night. That hotel now is over 2K, possibly way over and to rub salt in the wound, they have not been guest friendly since I stayed there

Edited by I Go With You

Your right about the website pricing for the grande , but I do know they have a sign at reception that states the new price as of 2008. Maybe there just hitting the walk ins, who knows

have to be there tomorrow so will have another look

Edited by zorro1

Let's hear it for the hotels!

The higher price the rooms at Sukhumvit hotels, the better as far as I'm concerned. I venture to suggest that there will be a directly disproportionate relationship between the prices going up and the incidence of shaven-headed, Chang vest wearing riff raff cluttering up the streets.

Bravo.