Man Boobs

Jandajoy

A turn off or a turn on? A sign of health, wealth and prosperity or low testosterone and over eating?

Well, I don't know about Thailand, but in the Philippines, any fat on a man is a sign that he's "made it". He doesn't need to work so hard, he has plenty to eat, can afford a skinful of San Miguel every night. We, of course, would probably harbour very different thoughts. In my time in Thailand, I haven't seen so many fat guys. That could be due to several factors but possibly greater self-pride? I suspect that there is a different culture here re fat men.

I certainly can't imagine that boobs on a guy would turn-on a woman, no matter how hard-up she is. I mean, would it turn you on? When I left England, I was the heaviest I've ever been. 13 stone 3lbs and, jeez, I did not like my own reflection. Man-boobs were certainly becoming more than just imminent; they were budding forth. And a double-chin. God, I don't even like remembering it. But I'm now down to 11st 6lbs and feeling a lot better. Not only are man-boobs a distant memory but pecs are back.

A turn off or a turn on? A sign of health, wealth and prosperity or low testosterone and over eating?

Well, I don't know about Thailand, but in the Philippines, any fat on a man is a sign that he's "made it". He doesn't need to work so hard, he has plenty to eat, can afford a skinful of San Miguel every night. We, of course, would probably harbour very different thoughts. In my time in Thailand, I haven't seen so many fat guys. That could be due to several factors but possibly greater self-pride? I suspect that there is a different culture here re fat men.

I certainly can't imagine that boobs on a guy would turn-on a woman, no matter how hard-up she is. I mean, would it turn you on? When I left England, I was the heaviest I've ever been. 13 stone 3lbs and, jeez, I did not like my own reflection. Man-boobs were certainly becoming more than just imminent; they were budding forth. And a double-chin. God, I don't even like remembering it. But I'm now down to 11st 6lbs and feeling a lot better. Not only are man-boobs a distant memory but pecs are back.

Man boobs are actually a condition called gynacomstia most men find embarrasing and feminine. It is caused by an imbalance of hormones or testosterone. Even skinny guys - underwieght can have them - diet nor excersise will remove then although surgery can.

Seen a documentry on UK tv a few month ago!

Re BOOBS ON MEN.

I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

No big deal.

Apparently the cancer feeds off the male hormone, testosterone.

Part of my therapy treatment before radiotherapy begins in 6 months, is 3 monthly injections of the female hormone, eostrogen.

I was told I would most likely become impotent.

I cracked up when the doctor told me it was possible boobs may begin to form.

Close friends greet me, "Hi Pete, how ya boobs coming along?"

A few weeks back, there was programme, 60 Minutes or 20/20, I forget, showing how the treatment affected some men. Most who grew boobs had them removed and had HRT.

One guy who had orchiectomy, balls removed, had "B" cup sized boobs. Noway was he having them removed, he liked them. They would have done an 18 y/o gal proud, pass the pencil test, no sag at all. The programme showed him buying his bras in corsetiere.

He was 70 years old, and had opted out of HRT with testosterone.

WOW, I thought, that seems fun. Dunno if I could do it.

Imagine walking along Patong beach in ya guys monokini swimsuit, proudly displaying teenage boobies. Make katoeys jealous.

Guys dun hafta wear tops. Could be fun.........LOL

Edit to add PS;

Watch this space....... :o........... :D

Edited by Zpete

I've had a decent set of b cups since I was a little kid. Always tended to be plump, but even had them when thin in my teens.

It has meant I tended to avoid swimming or any activity involving going shirtless, though with a shirt on it gives the impression of having pecs...

Girls seem to like them, but unfortunately, they have little sensitivity.

Would like to be rid of them, but it's low priority.

I don't have what you call boobs but thanks to weight training all my life I have very big pectorial muscles. The girls get a laugh when I flex my pecs and make each one alternately bounce to the beat of music. My pecs are usually bigger than most Thai girls boobs which is probably not saying much. :o

Sidenote to "Zpete" : Kudos to you for your very positive outlook. With a great attitude that you have displayed, you should do well and I wish you all the very best in your treatment.

I don't have what you call boobs but thanks to weight training all my life I have very big pectorial muscles. The girls get a laugh when I flex my pecs and make each one alternately bounce to the beat of music. My pecs are usually bigger than most Thai girls boobs which is probably not saying much. :o

Sidenote to "Zpete" : Kudos to you for your very positive outlook. With a great attitude that you have displayed, you should do well and I wish you all the very best in your treatment.

Thanks mate.

Gotta take life as she comes.

...seem to be working well for Phil Mickelson. So I'd say in his case a "blessing".

Phil may not quite have Tiger's game, but any attempt to slice a bit off his mammaries may cause a wicked hook and force him permanently from contention. He needs to keep things the same and be thankful.

• 1 month later...

The more a man exercises and develops the muscles in his chest, the greater the chance that he will develop "man boobs" in later life. This is because males tend to lose muscle content as a part of the aging process along with the fact that human skin loses its elasticity as we grow older. Put another way, as the chest muscles reduce in size the skin covering those muscles does not retract.