Non Residential O Visa

hi

will be moving to los next year with thai wife and (daughter born in uk) to live will be 50 by then jesus the years fly by anyway my predicament is i intend to stay in los but between may-september i will be working self employed in england i can,t see me getting a job in los maybe start some sort of business in the future for the wife?.can i still go down the retirement type o visa road (bearing in mind that i will travel between uk los every year to work) but switch to a work visa for los maybe a couple of years down the road or should i stick to a spouse visa.also regardless of which route i take visa runs will be hampered by the fact that i will be out of los when they are due to be renewed.we are buying a property in los would setting up a ltd company help not only for the purchase but also for me visa wise?

mark

I don't see your problem. You are married so use the support for Thai wife at half the price. With this visa you can later obtain a work permit if you decide to work here.

So. If you plan to move here after work next year (October - couple weeks later than normal plans for arrival) arrive on a single entry O visa with marriage certificate and in January apply for extension of stay. You will receive that in February or March. Obtain a re entry permit. Return to Uk in May and come back on same extension of stay/re entry permit next October and immediately apply for a new extension of stay.

Your renewal date will always be the same each year - one day before the entry date used for your first extension of stay (October) so all you need to do is make your return before that October date each year.

that solves my problem the daughter has a british passport can we get her a thai one she,s 2 years old?

yes

Documents required when applying for a Thai passport

He should be able to obtain a Thai Birth Certificate and Passport for his daughter while in the UK before his trip to Thailand. I have a very similar situation but in the US. Check the UK Thai Embassy web site for requirements. Though i don't think it will hurt for him to wait till his family's in the LoS, will it? :o

Though i don't think it will hurt for him to wait till his family's in the LoS, will it? :o

It will make it a little more complex as child will need to obtain a visa if she has to use UK passport. Best to obtain Thai passport overseas and then use it to enter Thailand.

lopburi3 correct just got off the phone with thai embassy london this is what i need to do

three of us have to go to embassy in person will need

daughters birth certificate

4 photos of daughter

marriage certificate(thai or english)

our passports

wifes thai id(thai passport not enough)

fee of £27

many thanks to all for the input

mark

• 3 weeks later...

have been to thai embassy london the wife filled in all the forms they measured height and took fingerprints of daughter.the whole thing including waiting took about an hour.we have to wait 2months for her passport to come through.

once again manythanks to all

have been to thai embassy london the wife filled in all the forms they measured height and took fingerprints of daughter.the whole thing including waiting took about an hour.we have to wait 2months for her passport to come through.

once again manythanks to all

The delay problem is that the passport has to be made in Bangkok.