New Air Asia Special - Gold Coast To Bangkok

peter991

My next holiday from the Gold Coast to Thailand is for Songkran (April). Air Asia emailled me last night with their latest special: Book and pay between 08 and 13 February, travel May to October this year.

Fares for the Gold Coast (OOL) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) sector are as low as $AUD170 including all taxes and charges. I am flying in mid-July - OOL-KUL-BKK and return for $AUD528.

Considering it costs a minimum of $AUD600 to fly across Australia and back with Virgin Blue - OOL-MEL-PER return, that's a fairly good deal.

People on the west coast of Australia get a good deal with Tiger Airways. Only $AUD818.

Peter

EDIT: Changed the Booking Date/Month from April to February

Edited by Reimar
Change of Booking Date, request by OP

Just jumped onto their site this minute and grabbed myself one of their biz seat (XL) return tickets (saving about $80 by booking it as two, one-way fares).

$1000 Aussie dollars all up, that's gotta be a bargain!

SONGKRAN here I COME!! :o

What's their XL cabin like? Much legroom?

Well, reports so far are that the seats are wide and comfy, and the pitch is surprisingly generous (it couldn't be any more cramped than pox ridden Star Class on Jetstar). :o

But I promise to come back and let you know.

?? can get Thai Airways Melb-Bkk and Bkk-Melb approx $960 tax included

Not in a 20 inch wide seat with 40+ inch seat pitch... for me it's always about the personal space (plus the Gold Coast is a lot closer to me than Melbourne). I can live without "entertainment" on a flight if I'm comfortable.

huh, never paid more than 1000AUD for BNE - BKK (return), so don't really get the deal? AirAsia has increasingly been more and more expensive lately as their customer base prove loyal, lots of other "regular" airlines with better deals these days, so check it out before you blindly book with AAsia.

Edited by kash

Cheap if yer in QLD

Gold Coast - KL_LCCT

D7 2703 0840 (OOL) 1510 (KUL)

Adult

172.00 AUD Economy Promo

Adult 392.00 AUD Promo

392.00 AUD XL Pro

Return

Apr 2008 - Kuala Lumpur LCCT (KUL) to Gold Coast Airport (OOL)

D7 2702 2125 (KUL) 0725 (OOL)+1 day

Adult 259.00 AUD Economy

Adult

659.00 AUD XL

Costs more to return to OZ

One way to BKK, 100 Malaysian Ringit to 150 MYR.

No more than $A50.00, look for promos, some about $A35.00.

http://booking.airasia.com/skylights/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi

If you have a long wait or stop over of a few hours, or overnite for early departure.

Get shuttle to KLIA, lotsa good spots to kip, long soft armless seats, better, more relaxed eating.

First morning shuttle about 0600, always check.

KL LCCT is usually extremely busy, no place to sit and relax decently.

Good luck.

Edited by Zpete

Doesn't cost more if you buy 2, one way tickets. The return leg from KUL is calculated in MYR and works out a lot cheaper.

I got a flight on from KUL to BKK with air asia allowing about 4 hours (fingers crossed) in transit. It was $100 one way.

Doesn't cost more if you buy 2, one way tickets. The return leg from KUL is calculated in MYR and works out a lot cheaper.

I got a flight on from KUL to BKK with air asia allowing about 4 hours (fingers crossed) in transit. It was $100 one way.

You certainly were ripped off.

Ya scare ppl off.......<deleted>

Ya wanna check out everything first.

There is NO return ticket, just 2 one way, and KL to Gold coast IS DEARER.

Get ya facts right, or say nothing.

Air Asia has cheap fares on early and late flites.

Read my earlier post.

Low fare to BKK only about 35 OZ bucks.........

100 - 150 MYR.

I do that trip regularly.

Edited by Zpete

You're wrong,

book and pay online through the airasia site for my return tickets on my chosen days (1 transaction) = $1090

To use the website and book each leg separately (2 transactions) = $1003

To get a connecting flight to BKK for MY arrival in KUL costs $100 with air asia one way.

OOL-KUL = $557

KUL-OOL = 1288 MYR ($445)

Get ya facts right, or say nothing.

I do that trip regularly.

Get off your R's and check your own facts, it's quite obvious you trip regularly.

Edited by jingjoe

This is from Air Asia booking page

Go check it out, stop giving crap info and confusing people.

1,199.00 Baht is about $A40.00 or less.

Sat 16 Feb 2008

- Bangkok (BKK) to Kuala Lumpur LCCT (KUL)

FlightDepartsArrivesPassengerFareClassFD 35710710 (BKK)1015 (KUL) Adult

1,199.00 THB java script:showStops(

Edited by Zpete

at 2230 hrs, likewise I often get into Swampy similarly late.

I go and find the padded seats on level 2 near the info counter.

I have already bought a paper and sit and read there and watch till a set of 3 seats becomes vacant.

Bag them, and stretch out and have a few hours kip if tired, usually the case.

You will not be alone, mite get cool tho'.

About 0830 hrs check in approaches.

The really sad thing is, that a tight R's like yourself, too cheap to leave the airport for a 10 hour layover, wants to argue with me over the price I paid for MY tickets. :D

You're an idiot, and now that's on record here for everyone else to see. :o

Edited by jingjoe

I have already bought a paper and sit and read there and watch till a set of 3 seats becomes vacant.

The really sad thing is, that a tight R's like yourself, too cheap to leave the airport for a 10 hour layover, wants to argue with me over the price I paid for MY tickets. :D

Takes one find one.

Ya still wrong, but your problem, cheers

Takes one find one.

Ya still wrong, but your problem, cheers

Retract the claws and can the slanging match please folks,lets just keep it friendly, just like this warning.

Recently flew air asia Bkk to gold coast only reason was to stop over and spend a few days in KL. What a <deleted> disaster.. when I added in all the extras and compared it to Thai airways (Im a gold member) iIwould never make such a silly mistake again but we all live and learn and dont even think about it if you have food allergies, intolerance, gluten free, halal etc etc etc. I ate peanuts all the way as they WOULD NOT let me bring my own gluten free meal on board. same price as Thai if you honest about it

p.s you like a drink :D of course you do! try $7 a glass of siht wine :o

Edited by zorro1

Recently flew air asia Bkk to gold coast only reason was to stop over and spend a few days in KL. What a <deleted> disaster.. when I added in all the extras and compared it to Thai airways (Im a gold member) iIwould never make such a silly mistake again but we all live and learn and dont even think about it if you have food allergies, intolerance, gluten free, halal etc etc etc. I ate peanuts all the way as they WOULD NOT let me bring my own gluten free meal on board. same price as Thai if you honest about it

p.s you like a drink :D of course you do! try $7 a glass of siht wine :o

What class did you fly? XL class looks good to me.

XL class is really nice, but I was surprised by the amount of legroom in economy class - best I have ever seen. Much better than Thai or Singapore Airlines.

I have family in Perth - so I thought about Virgin Blue from Gold Coast to Perth and then Tiger from Perth to Bangkok via Singapore. It's about the same price to fly Gold Coast to Bankok with Air Asia as it is to fly Virgin Blue from Gold Coast to Perth!

Peter

XL class is really nice, but I was surprised by the amount of legroom in economy class - best I have ever seen. Much better than Thai or Singapore Airlines.

Peter

Officially, their seat pitch is 31", which is more like Qantas... Unusual, because Asian airlines tend to have more room, whereas Qantas/BA have midget size seats.

XL is a more civilised 52". I'm surprised they looked roomy unless you looked through and saw an exit door seat..