Curry

lowprofile

I haven't seen any posts about this yet so here we go:

After being offshore for a while I had a trip to Central Festival to pick up the Bangkok Post and popped up to the food hall for an iced tea to have a sit and read and generally watch the world go by ( ok, view the talent). I saw that they now have a Halal Indian food outlet and had a peek. Unfortunately, I wasn't hungry at the time so didn't check it out. Today, though I made a bee-line for it and had a good look at what was on offer.

Roti or Paratha, Rice, several main curry dishes, namely a chicken curry, a chicken masala and a fish curry and quite a few vegetable offerings - dall, eggplant, potato, chickpea etc.

As I was by myself I thought I'd try not to make a pig of myself and tried the masala and the paratha, tempting though it was to go for a few other dishes. Each one comes in a standard sized bowl as opposed to the curry house style of veggies as a smaller side dish.

Prices, if I remember correctly, were 45 for the curry and 25 for the paratha. The veggies are 35.

The masala was a little bit watery but had a decent taste with a bit of a bite to it and the meat was lean. The paratha was also fine.

Definately worth a shot if you are up there. Not UK curry house quality but for the price it was quite acceptable.

I'll be giving the veggies a shot next time (tomorrow??).

:o

Tried the Chickpeas with a couple of parathas yesterday. Not bad, a little watery again but ok. The sour chilli sauce is pretty good, nice tangy bite to it.

I wish he would / could do a tray type meal, portion of curry meat and several selections of veggie curry or dall as smaller portions plus rice or paratha. I'll have a word.

El Pee