Ownership Transfer At The Land Transportation Office

Meridian007

Okay, I've got the bike so now I need to transfer ownership. I have the greenbook, copy of the seller's tabien bahn, and the copy of his ID.

Do I need to bring the bike? I live on the outskirts of Bangkok so if I don't have to ride into the the Mochit office I won't.

Pretty sure you have to. (Sorry.) Transferred ownership of my bike a few weeks ago. In order to process the transfer, they had to inspect the bike. It appeared that they just checked to make sure that everything legally required worked (headlights, turn signals, brake lights). I think they checked the neck VINS but doubt they checked the engine number because they did not remove the fairings.

Okay, I've got the bike so now I need to transfer ownership. I have the greenbook, copy of the seller's tabien bahn, and the copy of his ID.

Do I need to bring the bike? I live on the outskirts of Bangkok so if I don't have to ride into the the Mochit office I won't.

Yes.

Hi

There is companies there do all kind of paperwork for bikes and cars, use them, they will do all the work, only show the bike to the people there do the paperwork, they will use masking tape to take number from motor and frame, done it 6 times now, never had a problem. If you where in Phuket i would show you the nice Lady there do all my paperwork for me, and its cheap to.

Thanks for the info guys, if I knew where to find the companies that can process this for me I'd do it, but I don't mind doing it myself. I need to add a speedometer and rear turn signals to the bike, it has been heavily customised. I assume that there are minimum legal requirements to make a bike "roadworthy", such as signals, speedometer, etc.

I just realised that the tax is about to run out on it, so I have to pay that tomorrow too. Do you usually get the insurance before transferring the bike as well, or do you wait until after the transfer?