Nice Friendly Gay Hotels Bkk

kowpat

Boy, this posted sure does not tell it how it is. Jimmy is great. His prices are great and he has a good system in operation to save people money.

The breakfast at Pinnacle is GREAT too; just so delicious, and the rooms a nice and clean with very friendly help.

As my old sainted grandma use to say:

"some people would complain if they were hung with a new rope".

Jimmy can be conacted at:

his deals on the rooms at the Pinnacle are great.

post-59856-1206363284_thumb.jpg

Edited by endure
No email addresses in posts please.

Oh my, the Tawana Ramada! My first night in Bangkok, and...how does that song go, about making a strong man weak? Too pricey for us, so we later switched to the Grand China Princess in Chinatown. Memories are made of this...

PB, memories indeed, my first night in BKK too and the proverbial one night stand that never went away.............. he's now living in CNX and still driving me crazy! Still best of friends too (but nothing more - there's only so much craziness anyone can take :o )

Boy, this posted sure does not tell it how it is. Jimmy is great. His prices are great and he has a good system in operation to save people money.

The breakfast at Pinnacle is GREAT too; just so delicious, and the rooms a nice and clean with very friendly help.

As my old sainted grandma use to say:

"some people would complain if they were hung with a new rope".

Jimmy can be conacted at:

his deals on the rooms at the Pinnacle are great.

Newbie, first post, not that I'm a cynic but I could be forgiven for thinking you were actually Jimmy!

[N.B. just an observation, I don't know Jimmy nor have I ever been to this hotel]

• 2 weeks later...

I think what this guy was looking for is an hotel where he can take and maybe find casual boyfriends (i wont use the term money boys!) - OK I guess for the typical single gay tourist looking for a good time! I dont define that as "gay friendly" which to me means treating gay guests in the same way as any other guests. I have had good and bad experience - I found the Bankok Palace had definite "attitude" towards my much younger gay partner, and despite the fact that I had a double room already, insisted that I pay seperately for him. He was also I feel treated with suspicion if coming in and out of the hotel without me. (it may have changed as it was 3 years ago). At the other end of the scale we have stayed many times at the Siam Beverly Hotel where we were treated as guests full stop - isnt that how it should be? Its a little way out at Ratahadpisek but very close to the subway into to the centre on on many bus routes - I can thoroughly reccomend this hotel if you are visiting with a thai guest. (I dont know how they treat casual guests because I have always booked for both of us in advance)

• 2 months later...

Hi, i tried out the new place Baan Saladeng, this i can realy recomment to anyone, its located 5 min walking from the gayarea, still in a quit soi, its unique that the rooms have all a diffrent style wich you can choose off, it made me feel like home, and not like 1 of the 100 similar rooms like in another hotel. the owner a young thai guy, very friendly and helpfull with any information, no problem to stay with 2. The rooms were big and clean and a low price for that quality. I felt like home to stay there, see me again next time !

bart

Well thought I better throw in my 2 cents worth.. I go to Bkk every year after a couple of weeks in Phuket, just for the record, we are a gay western couple. We always spend about 4 days in Bkk (like someone else on here said thats about enough time). I must admit we dont go for the sex/saunas/money boys, just some shopping and time together. So, that said, we have stayed at the Montien, The Princess and the Amari Watergate. In each of these we have booked a king size bed and there has never been any issues or problems for us, not that I would expect any. Last year we stayed at the Amari and found it quite nice and very nice restaurants. Probably like most on here that travel, the money is not such an issue if you want a nice place to stay.

the Tarntawan on Suriwong Rd

It is very gay-friendly.

This is where I and the Family often stay, very gay-friendly but not an exclusively Gay Hotel, friendly service, clean and well worth the money.

Moss

Yes, still my No 1 when I advise people coming out on vacation (I live here in BKK).

It IS more expensive (about 3000b?) but I have always found that it has a bit extra in terms of service and comfort. I like the huge breakfast, and I like the fast free internet (they bought new computers at last!)

If you are gay and want 'friends' to come back, the security thing makes it very safe. The 'friend' has to leave his ID card with security, who will then call yr room when the 'friend' wants to leave.

The reception staff are very good (as well as mainly gay)--they will help with anything--maps, doctors, info, anything.

PEd