20 Gb/s Inter Bandwidth Added On True Network!

laurent

Hi All,

Check this out: http://webcorp.asianet.co.th/eh/linkinter/linkstatus.php

It seems that True Internet has just added 20 GB/s of international bandwidth but that it is not online yet.

Anyone to confirm?

Laurent

That s why all the internet is fuc_ked up ....

Actually, no it's not. The cut cables to the Middle East forced a lot of routing through Asia.

On the other hand, peak hour bandwidth will probably be better once True gets it up and running, but I wonder how long that will last.

I can't read Thai but if that were true it would be huge. Where does it say this is international bandwidth?

All the Thai says is what the date is, nothing more than that.

True is certainly fast for me right now, but it's 2am and always fast at this time. Earlier when I clicked on this link the bottom servers weren't up, now they are. We'll see tomorrow if the normal mediocre daytime download rates have improved.

They messed up the table yesterday!

They put the 2 10G lines at the top of the table, together with the international lines (IIG is international, NIX is within Thailand).

A bit later they showed up at the bottom as domestic connections, and now they disappeared altogether.

They show 7.27 GB international and 36.1 GB domestic...

They messed up the table yesterday!

They put the 2 10G lines at the top of the table, together with the international lines (IIG is international, NIX is within Thailand).

A bit later they showed up at the bottom as domestic connections, and now they disappeared altogether.

They show 7.27 GB international and 36.1 GB domestic...

It's back (see attached), probably leased lines and commercial lines are using the full bandwidth. The general user will have access to them later.

post-8261-1202693554_thumb.jpg

Yesterday there was extreme trouble for some of us using TRUE getting though to ThaiVisa. They were using CAT gateway with 400ms delay times and TV was out for me for about 7 hours. Today the path uses TRUE gateway with 30ms delay times and TV loading great.

Lets just say that I have high respect for the Post Office for surface mail delivery.

Using CAT (as ISP) and pinging 55 msec to Thaivisa.

Tracing route to thaivisa.com [203.174.84.82]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 169.254.97.234

2 4 ms 4 ms 4 ms 10.233.70.1

3 23 ms 37 ms 22 ms 61.7.183.1

4 30 ms 24 ms 29 ms 61.7.148.73

5 25 ms 25 ms 24 ms 202.47.247.105

6 24 ms 24 ms 24 ms 202.47.254.141

7 45 ms 24 ms 29 ms 202.47.253.148

8 84 ms 68 ms 55 ms 202.47.252.242

9 92 ms 73 ms 63 ms 203.118.3.176

10 55 ms 55 ms 56 ms 203.117.6.210

11 81 ms 76 ms 59 ms 203.174.80.70

12 55 ms 56 ms 56 ms 203.174.80.50

13 54 ms 56 ms 55 ms 203.174.84.82

Never any problems in the last few days...

Hi All,

Check this out: http://webcorp.asianet.co.th/eh/linkinter/linkstatus.php

It seems that True Internet has just added 20 GB/s of international bandwidth but that it is not online yet.

Anyone to confirm?

Laurent

That s why all the internet is fuc_ked up ....

Actually, no it's not. The cut cables to the Middle East forced a lot of routing through Asia.

On the other hand, peak hour bandwidth will probably be better once True gets it up and running, but I wonder how long that will last.

Yes it was last night, and we had a ping of 1second at least to anything (using traceroute) .... Also for the cable cut in middle of nowhere that affect noone but thailand, I ll quote a mail i received from true :

In case you have a trouble when access international website, we would like to inform that on 30/01/2008 at 01:47 p.m. there was a network event with IIG link drop because of submarine cable problem at international portion that affects with all users had a trouble when accessed International website and low speed. However we have already solved the trouble on 09/02/2008 at 00:40 a.m. Now international website is normal.

I ll quote another part of the mail which is more important ...

We would like to inform some hi-speed Internet Tips as the following.

1. Hi-speed Internet is provided under condition of shared speed. Therefore, the actual Internet speed depends on number of subscriber at current time. It is agreed that the Company shall not make any act to guarantee the Internet speed.

2. During the peak hour of hi-speed Internet usage between 18.00-24.00 hours, large files downloading whether domestic or international downloading may cause the significant slow down of Internet speed.

3. The connection speed or Internet speed is the speed connecting between the subscriber's computer and True network, which is not the downloading speed. The actual download speed may be slower (Especially downloading from international website) than the maximum speed the subscribers applying. The factors reducing download speed may cause from length and condition of phone line in the subscriber's resident, the subscriber's computer specification, Internet connection speed and Internet traffic or data interruption including server and router of the visited website as well as other factors.

It s fun when you receive this answer when you complain about VOIP which use no bandwith at all but needs reliability.