Is This True: Farang In Mae Sai Kills Thief

brahmburgers

I heard this story but haven't seen mention of it on T.Visa. This is what I recall:

Several weeks ago (November 2007?) a farang catches a thief (Burmese?) in the act of burglarizing. He scuffles with thief and winds up killing him by holding the thief's head underwater (in a pail, a sink?). Just before, the farang's young Asian wife (Burmese?) had been murdered by the intruder. She was pregnant.

It's a very dramatic story - can anyone shed light on it - and if so, what's the current situation with the farang?

I met a nice American guy in Mae Sai who runs a biz selling jewels. I think his name was Kurt. He also had computers in there for internet/games. Am wondering if it was him. Even so, it's a sad story if it's true - regardless of who were involved.

I doubt the guy even thought about it in those terms. He would have been absolutely terrified and his natural instinct for self preservation would have taken over. His one desire would have been to get his wife to hospital as quickly as possible and stop the attacker from interfering in that procedure in anyway.

you're right. there's hardly any time to turn down the radio and talk things out with someone who's firing a gun at your wife and child to be.

glad to hear the man's actions have been cleared as self defense.

Any updates on this ?,. i have to agree with you, the poster that said he went over the top in my opinion is wrong, this is a typical "fight or flight situation,".adrenalin takes over and your mind is not in control, only your self preservation,.i would like to think i would have done exactly the same, however one will never know till one is in this situation, fact,.makes me very sad to think of this mother and baby, id love to hear they are both ok,. ?

thanks SBK for showing that link - to where it had already become a topic. ...which I've now read.

I too hope that the woman survived intact. good to hear the baby survived. And the husband should be given an official Thai recognition (an award or accolade?) for his heroism - I jest not. I hope the army buddies of the dead gunman don't go and try and get revenge against the Frenchman.

Soceity is so quick to punish bad people, but how seldom they commemorate truely exceptional people.