Best School

rambler

This is a wallet warning - I have just been informed by the office staff that fees at the school will be sharply increased for the coming term 5000 -10000 bt per term across the board 7000 for my son this equates to a 30 % hike , i am under the immpression most parents dont yet know this i may be wrong , however im sure none of this extra revenue will be invested in new or improving poor facilities and the increases will be backed up with the usual excuse that the foriegn teachers are expensive to hire and pay. Teachers at BEST both Thai and foriegn are poorly paid (this a shame cos there are some very good individuals working there) in general less than a government school i know of one tacher who left because of poor salary/conditions and 5 or 6 more who are walking out at the end of the school holidays who can blame them - pay peanuts and you get monkeys so next term expect bananas on the school menu . My take on this is simple after all the problems in the last few months lets piss off parents the people who keep the school going must just be greed on the part of the owner who may be jacking up the fees for a while before the business is sold off (rumour only) hence nut ,screws and bolts !

Probably the best thing that could happen is that the school is sold. All parents were notified of the increase a week after the letter that asked if your child would be attending the school for the 08 school year. My take is that the number of students will be dropping. It's a shame, because this school once was the best in Pattaya. Their really is no other choice at a decent price, and your correct, most of the teaching staff is good.

Barry

Try Satit , head over heels compared to that dump called BEST.

I've heard that Sathit is a beautiful school but there's very little learning goes on!

i have heard the same but we all must keep an open mind all schools have pros and cons but BEST seeems to have gone down so much in the last few months its unreal i really think its mostly because of the actions passed down from the owner who appears not to give a toss about education of the young but counting cash ,,, i might be wrong but paying teachers (foreign) 25 k amonth is a disgrace wots more then claiming salaries are 50 k++ for tax is even worse knowing the minimum wage for a quailfied TEFL or same same is 50k by law confirms my worst fears... ah well REPS here we come. this post is mainly to get the topic up on the firsr page as im well pissed off its as if no other parents give a shit if they are being ripped .

I've heard that Sathit is a beautiful school but there's very little learning goes on!

And thats the case for all schools in Thailand.

But they are good at extracting money from Falangs for substandard education.

You won't see any rocket scientists come from Thailand

for the next 100 years.

Edited by plasticpig

REPS is really good in comparison to BEST which we had our kids at for 2 years and it went from bad to worse to absolutely intolerable so we did not even wait for the end of the school year we removed our children from BEST to REPS and have not looked back.

REPS do seem to care about the kids and the facilities are really great, the teachers are native English speakers and the teaching so far has been excellent. BEST is not a patch of REPS in any respect and now with the prices at BEST going UP I can not believe that parents are going to continue to put up with the disgusting state of the school and lack of facilities, plus inadequate teaching, not to mention the way some teachers treat the children and pay more for it! Unbelievable.

i have heard the same but we all must keep an open mind all schools have pros and cons but BEST seeems to have gone down so much in the last few months its unreal i really think its mostly because of the actions passed down from the owner who appears not to give a toss about education of the young but counting cash ,,, i might be wrong but paying teachers (foreign) 25 k amonth is a disgrace wots more then claiming salaries are 50 k++ for tax is even worse knowing the minimum wage for a quailfied TEFL or same same is 50k by law confirms my worst fears... ah well REPS here we come. this post is mainly to get the topic up on the firsr page as im well pissed off its as if no other parents give a shit if they are being ripped .

Where on earth did you hear this? :o