Warm Weather Is Here, Not There

T_Dog

I talked to my sister in Marquette Michigan this morning. Considering it is supposed to be 96 degrees F (35 C) here in Chiang Mai today, I thought I would pass along the conditions there:

High for the day: -1 F (-18 C)

Current temp: -7 F (-22 C)

Wind chill Factor: -35F (-37 C)

Portions of I-75 and M-28 are closed due to snow accumulation and blowing snow causing zero visibility.

So that makes a difference of 97 degrees F between Marquette’s high and Chiang Mai’s high! I was going to complain about being a bit sweaty after walking back from the market with my purchase of oranges and mango…. I think I’ll go for a dip in the pool instead!

sorry to sunshine on your parade, but it was 81 degrees Fahrenheit (27 Celsius) in los angeles today and not a cloud in the sky. also, so dry that after going running for half an hour in the afternoon i barely even worked up a sweat.

still, i miss the chiang mai humid haze. looking forward to getting back soon.

Actually, I'm been swimming comfortably for two weeks now. It is plenty warm enough outside (during the daytime) even in the middle of winter. It just depends on how cold the water is and right now it is chilly to enter, but gets comfortable quickly after swimming a few laps. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

It is warm here, but this week is predicted to run to highs of 30 and 31, which is 86 or 89. Not 96 yet. Not warm enough to swim comfortably just yet. I never wanted to spend the winter in Yellowknife, or in the Yukon Territory.

I'm not sure where PB lives, but according to the Thai Meteorological Dept - http://www.tmd.go.th/en/climate.php - it has been over 32°C (90°F) every day for the past week. 34°C two of the last three days and heading there quickly today. I wish I had a cool pool.