Cheap Share Dealing Uk Shares

Can anyone advise on the cheapest way to set up an account to buy UK shares for a NON UK RESIDENT.

I currently pay 1.3% plus 10 pounds for each certificated purchase.

For that I get pretty good personal service. I prefer to have certificates and I can place orders by internet which is very covenient for us expatriates.

I will like to run this account alongside a cheaper account but most stockbrokers require a UK address and post code.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know the answer but will watch with interest since I need to do the same thing currently. Using a friend or relatives address in the UK should be sufficient to get the account opened and as long as the funding mechanism is in place, there shouldn't be a problem - but, not certain. Also not sure about the legalities of operating a UK share account as a non-resident/non-domiciled individual?

Can anyone advise on the cheapest way to set up an account to buy UK shares for a NON UK RESIDENT.

I currently pay 1.3% plus 10 pounds for each certificated purchase.

For that I get pretty good personal service. I prefer to have certificates and I can place orders by internet which is very covenient for us expatriates.

I will like to run this account alongside a cheaper account but most stockbrokers require a UK address and post code.

Any ideas?

I use Computershare ; www-uk.computershare.com

• 2 years later...

Hello

Can anyone add to this thread.

Any recommendations please.

I have a uk address am non resident here in Thailand and would need to open the account on line.

Looking to buy some uk dividend stocks.

or

Is there a broker here in Thailand that can help?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...