Non-immigrant "b"

Hi,

I have just received a non-immigrant visa type "B" single entry into Thailand. I will be working in Thailand and wish to extend my visa when it is expired. My question is the consulate has stamped my passport with "Non-immigrant Visa Classification "B" Extension of stay not permitted? Does this mean I cannot extend my non-immigrant visa for a year once it has expired? Can you help?.

Cheers,

Single entry is ok.

Your company has to apply for a work permit for you

http://thaivisa.com/289.0.html

Once granted apply with the local immigration office for extension of stay.

You need to submit a lot of company documents, which you can follow from above link.

The max9imum entension will be for one year, from initial entry-date, renewable year by year, as long as you work for the same employer.

Thanx Axel,

I have organised a work permit already, I was just worried about the actual "extension of stay not permitted" stamp that the consulate has put above my visa. Does this have any affect when I go to renew my visa/work permit? Will the Thai immigration look at the stamp and refuse extension based on this stamp comment?

The "extension of stay not permitted" is there just because the Immigration can use that wording as a reason to refuse a one-year-extension.

Thanks George.

I had always wondered why they continue to do it.

Good example of Thai logic!!