Gasahol Or 91

Spaniel

I want to switch to E20. I've been using E10 91 for a year now, and since the release of E20 plus the cheaper price.. i'm envy to those that can use E20.

My 2007 CRV can only run E10, anyone knows the main differences between E10 and E20? What will it take for me to run E20? Been trying to talk to Honda about this and they have no clue. Only the newest 2008 Hondas does support E20, including the new CRV.

I want to switch to E20. I've been using E10 91 for a year now, and since the release of E20 plus the cheaper price.. i'm envy to those that can use E20.

My 2007 CRV can only run E10, anyone knows the main differences between E10 and E20? What will it take for me to run E20? Been trying to talk to Honda about this and they have no clue. Only the newest 2008 Hondas does support E20, including the new CRV.

Ethanol is very drying and corrosive to the rubber seals, etc. in modern fuel systems. All new cars sold in Thailand (and many other countries) are made with Ethanol resistant parts designed for E10 only. To use E20 the fuel system must be made with more expensive parts that are highly resistant to Ethanol corrosion. If you use E20 in a car not specifically designed for it you will most likely due costly damage to your fuel system. From what I understand the cost to convert an E10 car to use E20 or above (in Brazil they use E100) is very costly and not worth the effort.

Ethanol is very drying and corrosive to the rubber seals, etc. in modern fuel systems. All new cars sold in Thailand (and many other countries) are made with Ethanol resistant parts designed for E10 only. To use E20 the fuel system must be made with more expensive parts that are highly resistant to Ethanol corrosion. If you use E20 in a car not specifically designed for it you will most likely due costly damage to your fuel system. From what I understand the cost to convert an E10 car to use E20 or above (in Brazil they use E100) is very costly and not worth the effort.

In that case I don't see how E20 can gain any momentum in terms of sales if only newer 2008 cars can use them. So far I've only seen 2 stations in my area that is selling E20, the one with the big green leaf.

In that case I don't see how E20 can gain any momentum in terms of sales if only newer 2008 cars can use them. So far I've only seen 2 stations in my area that is selling E20, the one with the big green leaf.

As far as I know PTT is the only company selling it so far. I heard on the news that they had a problem education people to use it ONLY if their car was an E20 car. Many people used or wanted to use it but had E10 or earlier car and cannot use it without damaging their fuel system. I think in Thai they are running commercials explaining it.

• 2 years later...

hi all,

i would like to reopen this discussion.

now gasohol 91 is way cheap. i think around 2.50 baht cheaper than gasohol 95.

i've been using gasohol 95, but i'm not sure whether i can just put gosohol 91 and run the car.

has anybody switched to gasohol 91?

It has been claimed that the mileage on gasohol is so much poorer than 91 that it isn't worth using. I'd be curious of anyone actually testing and verifying this claim.

When tested on my car, GASOHOL 91 from SHELL gave MUCH better milage than Regular 91 from PTT... the reverse of what was expected.

There's another thread here on PTT having "different" quality gasoline; I must say I agree with a lot said on that thread. :whistling:

Edited by junkofdavid2

It has been claimed that the mileage on gasohol is so much poorer than 91 that it isn't worth using. I'd be curious of anyone actually testing and verifying this claim.

When tested on my car, GASOHOL 91 from SHELL gave MUCH better milage than Regular 91 from PTT... the reverse of what was expected.

There's another thread here on PTT having "different" quality gasoline; I must say I agree with a lot said on that thread. :whistling:

Are Gasohol 91 and Gasohol E10 the same product? This might sound like a silly question, but I want to be certain. :unsure: