Tired ...

francois

Francois, you have started THIS thread, and your posts are cluttered with YOUR political views, maybe YOU should post in the bearpit.

check your view when you read ...

I DID NOT START THIS THREAD !! :D

someone told me not to wind up ... but you ... hmm ... give me a break :o

This thread entitled 'Tired...'., which has developed its own dynamic now. I meant you cannot expect others to shut up while you are complaining about politics being discussed and expressing your own political views at the same time.

Anyway, political themes do tend to creep in and rapidly lead off topic, as has this one.

hi'

This thread entitled 'Tired...'., which has developed its own dynamic now. I meant you cannot expect others to shut up while you are complaining about politics being discussed and expressing your own political views at the same time.

Anyway, political themes do tend to creep in and rapidly lead off topic, as has this one.

alright ... I was talking about the thread "movies 9/11" that I did not start, and had been hijacked by political fighters ...

this is the reason why I started this one ...

just to say, a thread started with a simple question ...

and turned into nothing that the original poster asked for ...

and you're right, any political stuffs turn into personnal fight :D

I said a few things which were taken personnaly, or at least like I was a threat to their own beliefs ... :D

this had never been my intention ...

if one consider that I'm the one that started the fight ... my apologize ...

but, if you read carefuly ... it was on already ...

documentary or oriented crap? with some other names on the way :o

I can't feel responsible for what happened ...

and so, started this one to try to understand the why things turned this way ...

and then it started again ...

I do think that we should all apologize to jltheart ... who started a thread to ask about

how to find this movie and where, and if can't, what could be the reason?

as simple as this :

To All, thanks for taking my question about a stupid movie into the Twilight Zone.

From Where I read I see a lot of Name calling. American Bashing and English Bashing and Personal Bashing. What a forum.

LOL

and the end of it :

Kat, Spree and others Thank you for turning my org. Question of Can I see this movie in Thailand or where can I buy it into a completly different subject. This is why members on this forum are scared to ask a simple questions because of people like you. Please go get a life ok
Please George close this Thread. These people are wasting my time.

I do think that it's clear enough ... if not for you, for me it is.

like he said ... he's wasting time, he never wanted a political trun to his question !

sorry, jltheart ...

I never meant to make you feel this way :D

and like I said, politics (not Thai related) should be in the bearpit.

just because of this wrong turn, and you noticed it yourself.

I hope that will be the end of a stupid word fight.

francois

ps; by the way, George ... close this one too, thanks.

Edited by francois

Debt Chart for U.N. Peacekeeping Operations

(measured in U.S. dollars)

pkdebt.gif

And that proves what exactly?

No matter how big your foreign aid program is... pay yer f****debts.

Two things:

Spee, the U.S. does distribute a lot of money around the world, but generally speaking, a lot of the money we distribute serves our own interests. I didn't say all, but a lot. In fairness, most states (as in governments) look out for their own interests even when they distribute money, because the nature of all states is to look after their own interests.

But generally speaking, I believe France and the other rich nations of Europe outdo us in distribution as a percentage of their GDP by a factor of 3. However, I've heard this second-hand and haven't verified it.

Penzman:

You have presented us with a graph with no date, and no contextual information. For example, this graph states that the U.S. has a 64% debt, without the associated information of U.S. expenditures. Could it be that the U.S. debt is greatest, because our expenditure is also larger? Statistical visual information can be misleading because it can be manipulated easily. At the very least, your graph needs a date.

Secondly, the U.S. had a huge outstanding debt to the U.N. that was finally paid last year. If the information I heard from a U.N. researcher was correct, we paid the lions share of operations for the U.N.

This is why essentials such as date, and context, are so important.

And that proves what exactly?

In the UK parlance, it proves exactly "<deleted> all."

In the US parlance, it proves exactly "jack squat."

"Beware the man who uses statistics as a drunkard uses a lampost, for support rather than for illumination."

For some more meaningful data about what the US foreign aid program delivers, and to whom it delivers, see:

http://www.usaid.gov/pubs/cbj2003/request.html

It's worth noting the budget growth in the Bush 2002-2003 budgets versus the Cllinton 2000-2001 budgets.