What Do You Think About Your Farang Partner?

BlueTa

I read about farang men discussing about farang girls and Thai girls. How nice are the Thai girls... But what about the Thai girls? What do they think about you? I will tell you my opinion on the question, farang men are very different than Thai people and if it is not easy to live with somebody from same culture than you, it is very difficult to live with somebody from another culture.

How do you cope with that?

You are right there Blueta about the cultural differences. I have been living in the UK for the last 15 years before I met my fiance and he had been to Thailand so many times. Yet sometime he can do or say something that offend me but if that happens I just tell him why and how and so on. Well as I am alway in the right so it quite difficult for him to tell me if I ever offend him :D

The good thing about my farang partner is he has no problem with me being older than him (I can hear you guys say poor sod! :o ) and also being a size 12 which consider fat in Thailand but slim in the UK. Well, he did mentioned about the under 45kg girls he used to go out with in TL but huh that's life!

I think it is VERY difficult to live with any men in general. Cultural diffrences is not as much as you think since my husband is an american , good thing about them is they are simple they speak what they wanted and I like that because life is complicate enough by itself you can make it easier by tell your partner what do you want from him/her, see if you can give if not .....why? and try to find the balancing point that both partner satisfied.

Something that a little buging me is he always says 'it doesn't make sense' to whatever things seems to run differently from what he used to have or done in USA and I always said that you can't say it is doesn not make sense, you just dont understand it .

To live a marriage life is not easy.there are so many million details included I dont think foriegner and thais have to dealling about 'the diffrences' more than any other couple because, I believe that to marry someone you looking for someone who can fullfill your idea, desire, share contentment of love and grow a strong friendship hopefully, to the last. At very houses,every families has their own culture at raise up thier children so yes ,guys and girls no matter where are they come from , we are all coping with 'the different' in one way or another.