Import A Nintendo Wii Or Buy In Phuket

tool84

Hi, I'm wondering what would be the best option, to buy a Nintendo Wii from Canada, then get it sent here, or buy it directly in Thailand. Anyone bought one from abroad (USA or Canada) and had them shipped?? How much did it cost and was there any hassle with custom duties?

Since a console is 269$ in Canada plus the shipping to Thailand, it would be much cheaper than getting one here at around 15 000baht (466 Can).

I would want an english console and english games anyways, so I would need the us version, which is more expensive in Thailand.

I'm just scared that it would get lost or customs would keep it for some reason, I dont know much about international shipping.

If anyone got some advices, it would be appreciated.

If you live here just get it here, I got my PS3 from MBK and so far I had no problems, I was thinking of shipping it from USA myself, but it saves from the hassel, extra fees, and worry. Dont give yourself a headache , pick one up from bangkok instead.

I bought my Wii from HK and when it arrived I had to pay 4500 import duty so it was no cheaper than if i had bought it from here. Also try and get your Wii modded from the company you buy it from so u can play c**y games. The Wii games cost well over 1200 baht here but you can buy c**y games for 100 if you have a modded version. Also your Canadian version will only have a 110 volt connection so will will have to buy an adapter to covert to 220volts or buy a 110/220 volt cable from Wii ( expensive). Hope this helps

• 4 months later...

just went to the place at tesco, the guy is a total crook.

Wanted to sell the Wii in english modded for 22600, thats his 'good price'

japanese one for 10k

all accessories around 3k each...

i went to phuket town by the post office/CAT telecom..

1400 baht for the english modded+4 copied game+1 real sports game..

he also sells mario kart with the wheel which the first one doesnt sell.

When i entered that shop, i thought he looked like a tuktuk driver and i was right, hes one of those scums

• 2 months later...
went to phuket town by the post office/CAT telecom..

Is this the best place to buy a modded Wii and a couple of games and how do i find it ?

I already found out the address of the cat office 112/2 Phang Nga Rd.

T. Taladyai, A. Muang but it's always hard to spot it without any pointers when you're in traffic

Edited by exlka

It's round the corner from the CAT offices, on yaowarat road near all the gold shops. The shop i found is called 99 (no name, just numbers) and they had an imported (US) Wii for 14000 and lots of accessories.

just went to the place at tesco, the guy is a total crook.

Wanted to sell the Wii in english modded for 22600, thats his 'good price'

japanese one for 10k

all accessories around 3k each...

i went to phuket town by the post office/CAT telecom..

1400 baht for the english modded+4 copied game+1 real sports game..

he also sells mario kart with the wheel which the first one doesnt sell.

When i entered that shop, i thought he looked like a tuktuk driver and i was right, hes one of those scums

Any idea what this place charges for a Modded Xbox360? Or a PS3?

Ive also checked out the Guy in Tesco Lostus but he was very expensive.

So i was at 99 in Phuket town. It was pretty disappointing. First of all the 2 female sales person spoke hardly any english. I asked for a US modded Wii. She brought me a japanese Version. No Guitar Hero III Game and only a fake Guitar Hero Controller. I was interested in a PS3 as well but they only sell the 40 GB Version.

After that experience i tried the games never dried in Central festival. But the prices are ridiculous. Same 27k for xbox 20 gb, ps3 40 gb and nintendo WII. And this is after a 10% discount!

I have to look into ordering online...

• 1 year later...