Pattaya Recommendations

GuestHouse

I've just had a message from a young couple I met who were at the time backpacking in Italy. They are now in Thailand and thinking of visiting Pattaya.

Of course they've heard the negative views on Pattaya but what would you recommend to a young (twenties) backpacking couple who want to at least take a look at Pattaya?

I have had a few Backpacker friends of friends visit over the years and my advice is show them it all, they will have read about Pattaya and if they still want to visit then they most likely want to see it all.

Will they stay with you or are you looking for somewhere to house them as well?

I think you will be suprised how well they take it all in.

Of course they've heard the negative views on Pattaya but what would you recommend to a young (twenties) backpacking couple who want to at least take a look at Pattaya?

Tell them to go to Khao San Road and Koh Samui then a nice trek in Chiang Mai if they have the time.....

GuestHouse I would take Chanman's advice i.e.: let them know all of the attractions in town and slightly outside. Both day and night. They will probably have done their own due diligence on the net and by way of that Holy Grail for Backpackers the Lonely planet guide. :o

This website offers a few of the attractions:

Hope this helps.

Not sure about Pattaya . Lonely planet suggests it cost $$$ here. 600 baht a night alright?

seriously if they are strapped for cash Koh Chang would be my place+ the average age is 30-40 with a great mix in between.

Go there every year & enjoy it immensely. Pattaya is geared for the 50 - 80 year old crowd & I know if I were young & backpacking (besides taking in walking street which everything costs$$$$$) I would avoid Pattaya on a budget.

Or if you do have some money to burn Pattaya would be cool. I would hate to be here with 600 baht budgeted for a day or 2.

Could always sleep on the beach.....sounds risky though!

You should get a room for 2 with TV air and shower from 450 to 600....above that there should be a pool too. Go for the newer or refurbished hotels.

Shopping is good, the food if cheap and in huge variety, and the sex workers won't hassle you.

If you're a couple in the sense of man and woman ... :o ... in the best case it will not take long before he will be walking around thinking "next time I will not bring her along!". Worst case they'll continue their separate ways :D

So you think all blokes are interested in tarts :D ? Not everyone has got your low standards :D .

Pattaya Tower is a must

viewpoints at Buddha Hill is a must

Ko Larn is a must

^ as both funny and inexpensive

and everything at the sides of Thepprasit road - shooting range, bungee jump, karts (not cheap, but I guess good value for the price)

If you're a couple in the sense of man and woman ... :o ... in the best case it will not take long before he will be walking around thinking "next time I will not bring her along!". Worst case they'll continue their separate ways :D

This might be true for an older couple, but I'm not sure I agree with you about this couple.

First, this guy has a twenty-something Italian woman who might be just as good looking as the best Thais around.

Second, she's free as in he doesn't have to pay her for "LT" or "ST".

Third, he knows where she's been, as in he doesn't have to worry about a nasty Christmas present from her.

Fourth, she wants to check out Pattaya with him which means that she's probably got an open mind and therefore probably a cool chick.

Fifth, he might love her.

I would go with Phil on this one . I had 4 groups of friends go with their girlfriends all in their 20's-30's had attractive women-one a 9 & 1/2. All 4 came home separately & stayed separate after returning to America. And All 4 couples flew home separate & the males were the last to leave Thailand. Maybe it is just American's(Doubt it) but the flesh temptation in Pattaya is just overwhelming. that & how cheap it is compared to your girlfriend that (Gold isn't good enough I want Diamonds-Rubies & Emeralds Just an example) compared to $12.50-$25.00 for a short time with some strange you don't know & being young wanting to sow your oats (This is Pattaya - so it could swing guy or girl) Is a temptation I think I might avoid, Sounds superficial- but just thinking when I was 20-30's

Make a new plan Stan Jump on the bus Gus Drop off the key Lee & GET YO SELF FREE!!!!!! At least for a short time.

You still got to deal with the crisis when you get home -But when your young a lot of fish in the sea & like busses the corner.

IMO a bad travel plan. Virgin islands Australia- maybe even Bali OK. but in my early years I wouldn't dream of dragging around excess baggage in Pattaya- no mater how much of a hottie she was.

This is when I was younger. In your 50's & up maybe a totally different story?

This might be true for an older couple, but I'm not sure I agree with you about this couple.

First, this guy has a twenty-something Italian woman who might be just as good looking as the best Thais around.

Second, she's free as in he doesn't have to pay her for "LT" or "ST".

Third, he knows where she's been, as in he doesn't have to worry about a nasty Christmas present from her.

Fourth, she wants to check out Pattaya with him which means that she's probably got an open mind and therefore probably a cool chick.

Fifth, he might love her.

A long time or a short time with an Italian girl is substantially more than in Thailand, I dated many Italian girls & lived with one for 7 years(the one I lived with was not high maintenance) The others My wallet couldn't open far enough for the Gucchi bags.....................