Call Me Ignorant..

lbd2005

maybe i'm wrong, but i've always thought that farang meant westerners, only. for example, a japanese tourist would not be called a farang. please correct me if i'm wrong. thanks.

The Thai's have specific names for the Asian nations,

all others, like westerners are lumped together as Farang.

So now you are not ignorant any longer!!

Sometimes Thais are also referred to as falangs if they are only half Thai or even if they are just Thais from abroad.    You'll typically only hear this if you're friends with groups that are Thais and "inter" Thais.   

:D

I am half thai and half farang I asked my father in law in thailand if i was a Farang he said no The things is I live in the states I asked if my Dad was Farang he said yes :o he also lives in the US So I am Thai?? and my dad is farang :D

Sometimes Thais are also referred to as falangs if they are only half Thai or even if they are just Thais from abroad.    You'll typically only hear this if you're friends with groups that are Thais and "inter" Thais.   

:D

I am half thai and half farang I asked my father in law in thailand if i was a Farang he said no The things is I live in the states I asked if my Dad was Farang he said yes :o he also lives in the US So I am Thai?? and my dad is farang :D

You be what you be.