New Toy

seonai

Two inches high and dead cute... just learning what it can do but I love it already. Used to think a certain friend of mine's hubby was weird wearing earphones all the time around the house but now I totally understand him!!! It's so tiny and makes such a great sound... I am in lurve :o

Two inches high and dead cute... just learning what it can do but I love it already. Used to think a certain friend of mine's hubby was weird wearing earphones all the time around the house but now I totally understand him!!! It's so tiny and makes such a great sound... I am in lurve :o

I bought the 80GB Classic last week, very impressed with it, I have a 20GB second Generation IPod too, but the Classic is better.

I was gonna buy a Nano, but the storage capacity isn't enough for me, very cute though. :D

How much do those go for? Do you need to have a Mac to use it?

Not a lot of price difference anywhere, think they are pretty much price fixed.

No you do not need a mac to run it, works fine with a normal PC and i-tunes software.

I have 30GB video i-pod myself, would not travel without it now.

Regards

Mr Conrad

Don't just limit yourself to music, there are some great Podcasts around too.

Few it has to be said that are specifically Thailand related but the variety and quality of free Podcasts is amaizing.

Also, if you drive, consider getting the Belkin (I-pod to Car Radio) device, it lets you play your I-pod directly to your car radio using short range FM transmission - a great gadget.

And for those amoung us who do a lot of flying have a look at the Bose Noize reductions Head phone - they are fantastic (though a tad expensive).

And for those amoung us who do a lot of flying have a look at the Bose Noize reductions Head phone - they are fantastic (though a tad expensive).

I bought Audio Technica ATH ANC7 noise cancelling headphones, yet to try them on a flight, I'm sure they'll be very good.

Don't just limit yourself to music, there are some great Podcasts around too.

Few it has to be said that are specifically Thailand related but the variety and quality of free Podcasts is amaizing.

Also, if you drive, consider getting the Belkin (I-pod to Car Radio) device, it lets you play your I-pod directly to your car radio using short range FM transmission - a great gadget.

I have the Ipod to car radio device, it is not very good, you lose alot of quality and sometimes you hear static. Its OK if you have thousands of song that you dont want to burn to cd and just want to listen on low volume, but as soon as you turn it up, its sounds like shit

No you do not need a mac to run it, works fine with a normal PC and i-tunes software.

For those who are not very fond of I-tunes (like myself), there is a freeware program called Yamipod (Google!)

Allows you to drag and drop music/files onto your Ipod.

I don't like the concept of synchronizing playlists (I have almost 500 Gig of MP3's) and additionally the I-tunes database gets incredible slow with a collection as large as mine. It needed in excess of 3 minutes just to start up and load the database. Even WM starts in just a few seconds!

Available for Windows, Mac and Linux!

"Podcast

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 

(Redirected from Podcasting)

A podcast is a collection of digital media files which is distributed over the Internet, often using syndication feeds, for playback on portable media players and personal computers. The term, like "radio", can refer either to the content itself or to the method by which it is syndicated; the latter is also termed podcasting. The host or author of a podcast is often called a podcaster."

And more @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcasting

I would lose my mind without my iPod. I have a 20GB 4th Gen, 60GB 5th Gen, and a 160GB 6th Gen classic on order. $329USD about 11000THB. My problems with Apple's iPod is the fact that if you breath on one they scratch and the DRM (Digital Rights Management) of the music you purchase from them.

My second iPod went from the box straight into a protective case. I actually convert TV programmes and movies to watch on my iPod which takes up loads of space. If you have a small music only collection and are fine encoding at 128kbs an 8 gig 2nd Gen iPod Nano is fine. I filled my first 20GB iPod in no time flat. Then got the 60GB and thought "I can never fill this" nope filled it in less than 2 weeks adding video. These days I have 100GB of MP3s and AAC files so I have a 160GB model coming and I am just hoping that they have done something about the fragility of the screen and exterior.

If you spend 14+ hours on a plane 4-6 times a year you have to have an iPod and a laptop. It will keep the urge to kill yourself at bay.

As for podcasts, open the iTunes store, log in, and search away. There is a massive amount of free audio and video podcasts around.

GD

160GB 6th Gen classic on order.

I have the 80GB in Black, good video and the music search is pretty cool, showing album covers. I have got a few movies on mine 2500 songs, still got about 60GB of space left. Battery life is good too, I was using a second Generation 20GB before this, iPods have certainly moved on.

:o