Do You Ever Take A Dislike To A Tv Member Because Of Their Avatar?

garro

Do you ever take a dislike to a TV member because of their avatar?  

236 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It took me quite a while to pick my avatar. I love the moving ones, I feel like I'm watching Live-TV.

I'm fortunated to find some of my faverite posters here :D , I also avoid reading comments from some certain posters :o . The good thing about joining this forum is that you can take your pick and ignore some undesirable characters, you just pass on and go to the next post.

There are some posters that I disliked after reading their posts, but then read another post of theirs later and realised that they were not that bad really. I can't say that I have ignored posters but understand why others would. I think that their are a couple of people who deliberately set out to wind people up, but they are sometimes funny.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted no, but at the same time, open in another tab, I have just now found somebody I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get along with. He has no avatar, but check out his post here Post 36

I concur. Maybe he can't even get an avatar to be his friend :o

As for me, i agree with what others have said, it's what they post that matters. Then you remember what their avatar is.

There was only one avatar I disliked, & can't even remember the name. It was a big handgun pointed at the reader, held by a guy with a "don't cross me" look on his face. Turned out, his posts were just as confrontational.

Then there's two avatars I've been infatuated with. Likewise, backed up by posts which reflected the character of the avatars. I've resisted the urge to "PM" my passions, however. :o

Then there's my avatar: I thought I'd choose something rather "neutral" to westerners (the largest audience in the forum) so that my posts could be taken at face value....until one poster, in the middle of a heated debate, told me I was as cold-hearted as the statue in my avatar! :D

I rather dislike people who frequently change their avatar...with the exception of Kayo of course!

The avatar somehow is the easiest way to remember a poster. I rather remember the avatar than the name of the poster, so changing the avatar requires my brain cells to re-arrange. A slow and painful process...

I voted no, but at the same time, open in another tab, I have just now found somebody I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get along with. He has no avatar, but check out his post here Post 36

I just checked out that post 36. Now there is someone who needs to get a life.

If thats his/her hobby, I`ll be outside the Spotlight GO GO bar in Chiang Mai at 8.00 next Tuesday night, with a semi naked bar girl on each arm, smoking dope and playing illegal poker on the sidewalk.

Well, we cant begrudge these people, can we.

Mind if I join you next time I'm in the big mango? :D :D

The avatar is the famous "first impression" you'll get from a member.

Many times wrong ones I guess.

I think most people that look at my avatar are associating me with:

German(I am)

dangerous Rottweilers(absolutely not)

Sauerkraut(sometimes)

Autobahn(yes, missing it sometimes)

what else???

tell me please!

Gerd

Gerd, (I too co-owned a Rotty once upon a time) I think you'll like this:

In Britain, the Rottweiler has often been associated with evil attacks etc... as I'm sure many of us are aware

A few days ago in one of the British papers (I'm paraphrasing cos I can't find the article online, but I believe it's very close to the real article):

Rottweiler saves Poodle.

A Rottweiler saved a small dog from certain death [last] night while out walking with his owner. The Rottweiler started barking at his owner when he caught scent of a small dog that had been side-swiped by a car and was laying in a ditch, incapacitated. The owner thought of Lassy, and let his dog go so he could follow and investiagate.

The poodle is no recovering at the Vet's while the owner is located.

Hmm, I see what you mean. If he did have an avatar, it could be this...

post-55597-1203315988_thumb.jpg

:o nice! BTW, I like your avatar. It's jolly :D

I rather dislike people who frequently change their avatar...with the exception of Kayo of course!

The avatar somehow is the easiest way to remember a poster. I rather remember the avatar than the name of the poster, so changing the avatar requires my brain cells to re-arrange. A slow and painful process...

I do change, but not much. It's always a cartoon-ish rabbit, elephant or klown.

I still reckon yours is status quo.

I concur. Maybe he can't even get an avatar to be his friend :D

As for me, i agree with what others have said, it's what they post that matters. Then you remember what their avatar is.

I'd imagine that he stores lot's of hotline numbers, and uses them for a chat. :o

I mainly use them to locate posts by certain people if looking for answers - there are some that provide better or more reliable answers than others, just as there are some that can only flame.

I don't think it's a bad thing to change them occasionally - after, we change with age.

There are a couple that I dislike solely because of their avatar, such as a male cartoon character bonking a hapless female from behind. But, I'm sure based on the values reflected in that one, and the values reflected in any other, it serves as a kind of shorthand not to bother, doesn't it?

:o:D

There are a couple that I dislike solely because of their avatar, such as a male cartoon character bonking a hapless female from behind. But, I'm sure based on the values reflected in that one, and the values reflected in any other, it serves as a kind of shorthand not to bother, doesn't it?

:o:D

Don't think she means you JD, but then again.....

I concur. Maybe he can't even get an avatar to be his friend :D

I'd imagine that he stores lot's of hotline numbers, and uses them for a chat. :o

:D :D

Hi K.O.,

That is what you are in real life as well and it is good that you show yourself as you are. :D

Me, well that is what I am in my Avatar. :o

Kan Win :D

:o nice! BTW, I like your avatar. It's jolly :D

I still reckon yours is status quo.

Cheers, kayo! :D Yep, that's why I chose it, really. Yours always make me grin, too. :D

I don't take an instant dislike cos of the Poster's Avatar but if I read their post and I think it's trollish/boring/nasty/picky etc etc, I do tend to remember their avatar and then in future skimread or ignore their posts... :o

I tend to look out for certain avatars though as I like to read certain posters as I think they post thought provoking, funny, sarcastic, ironic posts.

I chose my Avatar cos I love to relax by the pool! :D

BTW, Off Topic, what happened to Weho? I always recognised his posts from his Avatar, a bit like Naam's. (I miss Weho's posts - some of them were great!)

Edited by Andiamo

Actually, I can think of one avatar that always makes me wonder why the poster chose it. I'm referring to the "Stalin writing" avatar. Sorry poster, I can't remember your name off the top of my head but let me say right away that I can't detect any trace of cruel, genocidal tyrant in your posts which always leaves me wondering what motivated you to choose Stalin, of all people.

His posts made me think more of someone who had been picked on as a child.

The Red Headed Stepchild syndrome.

Cheers

post-4817-1203350081_thumb.jpg

I can't detect any trace of cruel, genocidal tyrant in your posts

Bendix will be disappointed.

Bendix!! Thanks, Maigo6.

Hmm, you think I've upset his feelings, yeah? Ok, well, his posts are a bit power-crazy. Will that do?

Uh-Oh! It's Siberia for you, Mick!

Oh well... t'was nice knowing you! See you at Glasnost.

:o

I just checked out that post 36. Now there is someone who needs to get a life.

If thats his/her hobby, I`ll be outside the Spotlight GO GO bar in Chiang Mai at 8.00 next Tuesday night, with a semi naked bar girl on each arm, smoking dope and playing illegal poker on the sidewalk. Unfortunately I'm out of the country at the moment, or I'd be happy to oblige. :o

Well, we cant begrudge these people, can we.

Unfortunately I'm out of the country at the moment, or I'd be happy to oblige. :o [/color]

It's okay Clayton, I'm sure that the UK wont want you to leave. BTW, how much do you get for each convicted smoking criminal that you give information on, to the Hotline?

Edited by mrtoad

Is that avatar really you Dustoff?

I thought it was Albus Dumbledore :o

Yup, that's me.. Devilishly handsome, ain't I?

While I am now the rightful owner of Dumbledore's Elder Wand, it is relegated to a corner of my palace where hopefully that sticky gay-stuff will evaporate; but then it doesn't matter since it is merely a stick.

Power emanates from within, not simple tools...