Where Can You Get A Decent Steak In Bangkok

anaorak

One of the best steaks in Bkk is gota be THe New York Steak House. Very pricey, a little stiff on the ambieance (so dont have too many vino's) but the steaks are good & service exceptional.

For the best value on a budget, Sizzlers & Choc Chais great.

Mitzus in Patong, great for ambiance & nestalgia, great steaks, and the rest pf the menu is very good.

Also went to Neils Tavern recently. No where as good as it used to be. Had the mixed grill for 875 Baht. Got 15 french fries, yep could count them too, the beef, porl loin & 3 strips of chicken breast weighed about 60g each, was served with some corn kernals & a side salad with only cabage & tomatoes. No lettuce to be found any where. Also, you have ask for the gravy. , expensive and stingy on the plate, had to go the burgerking later that night.

Cheers

+1 for Mizu's Kitchen (on Patpong 1), possibly the best value steak in the city.

For the best, if price is no object, Le Normandie, Mandarin Oriental Bangkok.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure where you can get a good steak for that price. Maybe Las Vegas. We have eaten at several places in Bangkok. The Inter-Continental hotel has an Italian restaurant downstairs that is great. It has very good service but also pricey. The steak was fantastic. Watch out for the iced tea. They tend to take it away and re-fill your not completely empty glass and change you for each one. Besides that the service was fantastic as well as the food. I also recommend the buffet upstairs. Again it is pricey but it is one of the best buffets we have ever had. That includes Las Vegas.

I have eaten at the Landmark and don't think their steaks are very good. They are not cheap either. If anyone else finds a great steak in Bangkok I will be there to try it out. So far the inter-Continental is the best.

Having said that we did eat at the Fireplace Grill which tops many of the charts. The ambiance was great, the service was very good and elegant but the food came out very slowly. The meal was over two hours. Everything was great.....except the steak. It was big big disappointment. All of this for two was about $200 U.S. Not cheap at all. It was a great experience but not worth the money.

Being from California oringinally I am not a big fan of Tony Roma's. It is a little bit too California contemporary for me. I can't tell the difference between Tony Roma's, Chili's or the likes anymore.

Good luck with your search. We are on the same search.

For great steaks, I used to like Neil's Tavern on Soi Ruamrudee. Pricey, though.

I haven't been there for some time, so things could have changed. They bring several steaks out for you to choose before cooking.

After the meal, I liked their Irish Coffee. Prepared, with flair, at your table.

When I popped into the place last month they were selling Wagyu fillet for 4000 baht. I can buy the same steak for a quarter of the price at my local steak house in Samui. Had to content myself with a G&T at 400 baht. Criminal markups....no wonder the restaurant was empty!

Does anyone know the name of the (supposedly two different) restaurants in Soi Thaniya that serve the Chinese version of Wagyu? I've heard that it is indistinguishable from the original, as they prepare the cows in the same way, just in China rather than Japan. The price is much better as a result, so I'd like to try it.

• 1 month later...

I visited the recently opened Wine Connection Deli & Bistro on Soi 26 last night. It's located in the K Village low rise mall which is behind Carrefour.

The service & decor was above average, but what really surprised me was the price of the Australian tenderloin. At other places I would expect to pay about 750 baht. However, at the Wine Connection I paid only 450 baht for a 200 g Australian tenderloin. (I order it medium, it was tender & tasty without any fat or grissle). Of course, being at the Wine Connection there a good selection of wines to wash it down with.

^ :D I was just going to suggest the same thing for the Santa Fe/Sizzler set. If you are okay with Thai beef, (which are the primary sellers at Santa Fe and Sizzler), Treehouse does a steak with a small amount of fries and salad for 80 Baht. You cannot beat that price.

It's not the same quality as something from the Landmark or similar, but it's less than a tenth of their prices. For the price it's a great, tasty steak. I usually end up making a pig of myself and ordering two entrees when I go there, (like I did last night), because the price of two entrees there is less than one entree at any other restaurant that offers western food. :)

That being said, I still want to find that Wagyu restaurant that I asked about earlier in this thread. I have diverse tastes!

Quite a number of years ago there was an open air German Steak House and bakery (called the International Steak House if I remember) on Soi 23 near on opposite Soi Cowboy, by far the best Steak and German sausage I have had in Bangkok and very reasonable. Did great pig roasts, as well, once a week.

Jeez, I'd forgotten about that place. I can't remember what I used to eat there, but I know I liked the place.

I visited the recently opened Wine Connection Deli & Bistro on Soi 26 last night. It's located in the K Village low rise mall which is behind Carrefour.

The service & decor was above average, but what really surprised me was the price of the Australian tenderloin. At other places I would expect to pay about 750 baht. However, at the Wine Connection I paid only 450 baht for a 200 g Australian tenderloin. (I order it medium, it was tender & tasty without any fat or grissle). Of course, being at the Wine Connection there a good selection of wines to wash it down with.

Great new place - Wine Connection on Soi 26. Have eaten there a four times. Steak was certainly good for the price, and just plain good. Excellent food for very reasonable prices. Great salads, pastas, pizzas, steaks, etc. Also has a deli with reasonably priced meats/cheeses. I'm hoping they won't raise the prices after a few months (just opened a few weeks) because they seem suspiciously low... I thought the food quality was on par with (or better than) many of the 'expensive' places I've been to - and decent service as well.

• 1 year later...

Don't know your locality, but I can heartily recommend LOL in Pattanakan Road, Suan Luang (next door to the MaxValu foodstore). Basic decor, but clean. The English-speaking Thai owner/chef, Joom, was trained in the USA and really knows his Beef. Menu includes a great Beef Wellington (fillet) dish with the trimmings (superb potato served frites or dauphinoise gratin) which comes in at under 400 baht. Wagya steak same price. Menu also includes salmon steak, pork chops & some Thai dishes. I've done the round of steakhouses in central BKK, and this one is as good as, if not better. Not licensed, so BYO wine/beer. The decor does not lend itself to a cosy candle-lit supper for two, but if you want great food at great prices this is the place, albeit a wee bit out of town.

We used to like Chokchai on 23, would take the kids there once a month. Went in recently, menu has changed in order to pump the prices up. Now the pricing is in line with Tenderloins/Bullys etc and its nowhere near as good. At 500b for a steak it was ok. At >700b its a ripoff. Went into the 'under new management/ownership' Bullys last week and had a steak that was superb. Cant remember the price as it went on the bosses Amex but it wasn't expensive. Tasty and Tender, will go back for sure. Havent been to the 'new' Tenderloins but the Argentinian cut in the last place was an almost perfect taste/cost combination.....

new mexican joint just opened up on sukumvit 22. called el diablos burritos. apparently theres one in chiang mai too. had their carne asada tacos yesterday. very tasty beef. 90 baht each, 4 and i was stuffed. save ur money and go check out their grand opening this saturday. owner said they'd have free samples and 100baht margaritas all day

Try Wine Collection at K Village, a kittle cheaper than Sizzlers but in my opinon taste and quality is much better.

Someone mentioned Chok Chai, they also have a small place inside the market at Paragon and must say their wagu burger is pretty good also!

Had the 2-for-1 Wagyu ribeye $steak special at Homerun, near Asoke last night. It was superb. At about 850 Baht per meal with the special it was a steal. It is almost insulting to compare it with Chok Chai, Tenderloins, etc. but such is this thread that the original OP (3 years ago) was looking for a good 750 Baht or so steak in BKK.

I go to Sizzler's at Siam Center, next to Paragon. Their sirloin or NY steak is baht 595, including tax and service charge if I remember correctly. Salad bar/soup/dessert buffet also included. I tell them no house or mushroom sauce, no pepper/salt/other seasoning. Just put the steak on the fire. Drinks are extra.

I've also been to Outback Steakhouse at Siam Discovery on other side of Siam Center. Price is also baht 595 but exclusive of tax/sv, no salad bar, no drink.

I prefer Sizzler's, but others here will probably trash that chain/restaurant because it caters to youngish, local Thais (on weekend evenings, usually packed and one has to wait for a table) and is not a mod or upscale eatery. But it satisfies my craving for steaks.

Really? Sizzler's?

Wow, they have disapointed me many times.

Each time I thought it was just a bad luck.

I finally gave up.

Nothing wrong with who they cater to.

I just feel it's a bit like claiming McDonald has the best burgers in town.

But then again, we all like different things, which make it possible to have so many varieties.

I am surprised that Victoria Pub on Sukhumvit Soi 23 has not figured in the responses. Quite frequently I have to attend meetings in Sino Thai Tower and my preferred hotel is the Taipan which is about a 5 to 10 minutes to either Sino Thai Tower or Victoria. Can't remember the actual price of the steak but I do know that complete with two or three pints of guiness the price was well below THB 2,000. You have a choice of air-con or street watching, I always take the street watching (because I am a casual smoker).

Edited for grammer and spelling

Edited by mallyrd

Homerun: Not questioning the quality of the food but how does that place stay open?

Went there Friday night 930pm a few weeks back, 2 of us, the only people in the place the whole time...1 very expensive hotdog and a couple of beers later still hadn't seen anyone else (including staff for the most part) so took off for greener pastures..........

Drive past every day, always empty.

Edited by gkinbkk

Homerun: Not questioning the quality of the food but how does that place stay open?

Went there Friday night 930pm a few weeks back, 2 of us, the only people in the place the whole time...1 very expensive hotdog and a couple of beers later still hadn't seen anyone else (including staff for the most part) so took off for greener pastures..........

Drive past every day, always empty.

Yeah, that is my worry too. great place but in a bad location. It is more like a high quality Gastro Pub in London than a Sports bar even with its baseball theme.

Really hope it survives but it doesn't seem likely.

I am sooo happy the place I discovered has not been mentioned here. I wish that place is not discovered anytime soon. They have a stead number of clients so they do not really need the advertisement. ha ha... Will be going there again soon. Wish I could go there every day. But then that would be baaaad for me. Had a medium rare tenderloin steak! Yum!

I am sooo happy the place I discovered has not been mentioned here. I wish that place is not discovered anytime soon. They have a stead number of clients so they do not really need the advertisement. ha ha... Will be going there again soon. Wish I could go there every day. But then that would be baaaad for me. Had a medium rare tenderloin steak! Yum!

I am so happy for you. Please be sure and keep us posted.

Most definitely. And we paid less that 250 Baht each. Oh and we also had a side order of Pasta and smoked bacon! Yum!!!!

I am so happy for you. Please be sure and keep us posted.

• 5 months later...

You cant beat Checkinn99 for all round steak meal and entertainment.

steak

google it i better than what I can write here... amazing filipino girl band. cabaret entertainment - steak house restuarant steaks are only 450 - 495 B .. between soi 5 & 7 on sukhumvit opposite the Landmark.. I think the sign outside Landmark must refer to Checkinn.. you can get across the road there as the wire fence is down.

between soi 5 & 7 on sukhumvit opposite the Landmark..    I think the sign outside Landmark must refer to Checkinn.. you can get across the road there as the wire fence is down.

OR... you could actually walk half a block and cross at the traffic light!!!

between soi 5 & 7 on sukhumvit opposite the Landmark.. I think the sign outside Landmark must refer to Checkinn.. you can get across the road there as the wire fence is down.

OR... you could actually walk half a block and cross at the traffic light!!!

Or - just use the pedestrian bridge (two including the one from the nearest end of the BTS Nana station) near the front entrance to the Landmark.