Tactless?

AntRobeenson

My wife and I have been having a bit of a 'discussion'. Our neighbour directly opposite us died last year leaving behind a Thai wife (no kids). Being that their house is just that little bit bigger than ours and has a large lawn (huge, actually) the thought has occured to me that it would be better suited for a family (i.e. ours, especially as the boys grow).

So I've got it in my head to ask the widow if she would be interested in selling. Her husband passed away about 10mths ago (she's actually still in the US now) but my wife is convinced that this would be an utterly tactless and insensitive thing to do.

Therefore in the grand tradition of Internet Forums everywhere I've decided the best way to settle this is ask a bunch of anonymous strangers what they think. So then, thoughts?

Would this indeed be a bit tactless/rude/insensitive?

i should also mention that I'm totally whipped and scared of a confrontation with my wife.

My wife and I have been having a bit of a 'discussion'. Our neighbour directly opposite us died last year leaving behind a Thai wife (no kids). Being that their house is just that little bit bigger than ours and has a large lawn (huge, actually) the thought has occured to me that it would be better suited for a family (i.e. ours, especially as the boys grow).

So I've got it in my head to ask the widow if she would be interested in selling. Her husband passed away about 10mths ago (she's actually still in the US now) but my wife is convinced that this would be an utterly tactless and insensitive thing to do.

Therefore in the grand tradition of Internet Forums everywhere I've decided the best way to settle this is ask a bunch of anonymous strangers what they think. So then, thoughts?

Would this indeed be a bit tactless/rude/insensitive?

i should also mention that I'm totally whipped and scared of a confrontation with my wife.

mate, you'd better get onto it quick smart, an opportunity waiting, if u dont someone else will get there first !

No, it wouldn't be tactless to just nicely ask if she's interested in selling. It would tactless to mention that since her husband is dead and she's old, you'd like to 'relieve' her of this burden.

By the way, a lot of Thai people might believe the house is haunted, so it might not be a place where a lot of them want to live. Your wife might be of a similar idea, by the way.

Dress up as a ghost at night and star roaming her backyard until she see's you.

You should get the house cheap then.

Nah thats cruel, just talk to her and ask her what her plans are. Dont hints like that house is big for you and drop into the chat somewhere that your looking to buy a bigger place etc

Has the house got a big teak door on the front?

not surprising that Old Croc would pop in and troll this thread.

:o

Have you forgotten how to spell your own name mate? :D

Maybe he's just a poor speller or a really bad liar

post-4641-1203323202.gif

Has the house got a big teak door on the front?

not surprising that Old Croc would pop in and troll this thread.

:o

Have you forgotten how to spell your own name mate? :D

I was wondering where I'd seen this "similar" name before :D

I don't know what kind of trouble you're trying to cause. The fellow was only asking for advice.

Fair enough :o

Honestly, if it were me, I would sit down, have a heart to heart with the wife, grovel a tad, and, after presenting her with a nice new mobile phone (or other expensive present) suggest buying the house off the widow. You might try coming up with some really good arguing points about why the widow would most likely want to sell, stresing how much better it would be for her if someone kind like yourself took the house off her hands.

But then, the widow may not be interested in selling. You'll never know until you ask her. Or at least, until your wife lets you ask her :D

I don't know what kind of trouble you're trying to cause. The fellow was only asking for advice.

Fair enough :o

Honestly, if it were me, I would sit down, have a heart to heart with the wife, grovel a tad, and, after presenting her with a nice new mobile phone (or other expensive present) suggest buying the house off the widow. You might try coming up with some really good arguing points about why the widow would most likely want to sell, stresing how much better it would be for her if someone kind like yourself took the house off her hands.

But then, the widow may not be interested in selling. You'll never know until you ask her. Or at least, until your wife lets you ask her :D

good idea, after all, all thai women love trinkets.

If the neighbour died in the house you might suggest to the widow that you'll knock the place down and build anew. This may put her mind at rest. I myself am building a very nice house around the core of an old house where I believe a number of people may have died.

Too long in Thailand?

Don't need to rebuild the house,a new Spirit house should do the job! :o

I agree, he has every right to come over here and get some descent advice :o

Moss

Moss, ya mean ask the guys kids?

That mite be tactless.

BTW, I would not consider it tactless to ask me, soon after I die.