Looking For A Meat Slicer

Chang_paarp

I am looking for a meat slicer, as with all of us I don't like to spend a fortune but would like it to be a reasonable quality.

This is a bread slicer similar to what I am looking for;post-20996-1203395512.jpg

This is one available in BKK, not seen anything similar here;post-20996-1203395573.jpg

This is the industrial model that is a little beyond the current budget; post-20996-1203395549.jpg

If you see something like this could you please let me know.

I am looking for a meat slicer, as with all of us I don't like to spend a fortune but would like it to be a reasonable quality.

This is a bread slicer similar to what I am looking for;post-20996-1203395512.jpg

This is one available in BKK, not seen anything similar here;post-20996-1203395573.jpg

This is the industrial model that is a little beyond the current budget; post-20996-1203395549.jpg

have you tried that second hand catering equipment shop next to Index on Sukhumvit?

C.P. There is a shop next door to Foodland in Pattaya Klang that might have what you are looking for.

Hope the shop is going well for you.

Cheers Tony :o

C.P. There is a shop next door to Foodland in Pattaya Klang that might have what you are looking for.

Hope the shop is going well for you.

Cheers Tony :o

Tried there, not hab, asked if they knew where, not know. That is where I got my coffee cups and assorted other bits and pieces from.

Thanks for the thought.

have you tried that second hand catering equipment shop next to Index on Sukhumvit?

They do have one, it is well used, probably a repossession like most of the rest of the stuff there, They wanted 5K more than a new one. :o

If anyone is interested they have a gramophone there complete with horn, not sure of price or how "real" it is, but it was one of the curiosities there. Another curious item is a fridge complete with French wine, not sure I'd trust either the fridge or the wine, but strange to see amongst the junk.

So is the shop doing ok?

Slowly growing.

On 3rd road heading towards Jomtien, about 50 meters past the lights at Pattaya Tai, there is a big shop on your right hand side that has a very large selection of appliances for industrial/home use.

You might get lucky there.

Thank you they have 2 commercial models cheaper than the second hand place mentioned above. Being a cheap charlie I ma looking for something more in the domestic range, but will keep them in mind.

I bought one of the cheap models for about 3000, and it's almost useless. Unless things are stable, it's almost impossible to get nice consistent slices, especially thin ones, so the cheap plastic that is used for guiding the meat into the blade just doesn't work. I would just give it up or bite the bullet and get a stainless steel machine.

How much were the ones on Third road, by the way?

I bought one of the cheap models for about 3000, and it's almost useless. Unless things are stable, it's almost impossible to get nice consistent slices, especially thin ones, so the cheap plastic that is used for guiding the meat into the blade just doesn't work. I would just give it up or bite the bullet and get a stainless steel machine.

How much were the ones on Third road, by the way?

The smaller one was about 22K and the larger one was 28.5K. That is the sticker price, not sure if there is room for negotiation there. It is a little above my budget at this point. There are some different models available in BKK, I was hoping to to avoid the trip. :o