Swift Transfers To Uk?

No problem from UK Bank to Siam City here in Banngkok using swift but is it as easy to transfer money back to UK from Bkk and are there any pitfalls?
Have been told by my bank in chiang mai that their would be no problems in transfering money from our account in thailand back to bank in uk .

No problem from UK Bank to Siam City here in Banngkok using swift but is it as easy to transfer money back to UK from Bkk and are there any pitfalls?
Have been told by my bank in chiang mai that their would be no problems in transfering money from our account in thailand back to bank in uk .

I was told the same by my bank, Siam Comm., and I had some cash spare from a property sale and needed cash in UK to help finance a business transaction over there--so as I had the money in a Siam Comm Fund Account it was to them that I made the enquiry and subsequently transferred the money--when it transpired that I was sending 2 million baht there were a few raised eyebrows but the deal went through and, sure enough, on checking my UK statement there it was--then, about 7 days later the nice lady at Siam Comm. called me up on the 'phone and asked if I could come in--this I did and she, rather reluctantly, said that the Head Bank of Thailand in BKK had contacted her and that they wanted to see evidence that the money had been tele-transferred from my UK bank to Thailand--in other words they want proof that the cash wasn't earnt illegally in Thailand--now, this was a problem for me since it was profit earnt from sale of a property--I provided all this info and gave my solicitor's, who dealt with the sale, contact details and showed all docs from Land and Registration Offices--proving that cash was earnt legally--not enough--fortunately, although I did not transfer the cash in one lump sum to build the property but sent for and received amounts as, and when, I needed them--purchase of land, architect and solicitor's fees, builders stage payments etc... so, by scraping together all my transaction certificates going back to the time of purchasing land and so on--this eventually satisfied the powers that be--but it was quite a worry and a huge hassle--had the bank told me the correct procedure I am sure that I might have been a bit more reluctant to send the cash--at least not in such a large amount.

Sorry to ramble on, hope that this has helped.