Copyright

We get many customers complaining when they come to us to rent one of our condos that photos they see are not the condo they were shown BY "AGENTS" we are not the agents but the owners, we often have companies copy our photos and the latest example a "British " run company claiming to be well managed etc etc always makes me laugh so "well run" they have to use other people photos as they are too lazy to go out and vist the site for real.

JUST REMEMBER T HIS WHEN YOU RENT FROM "AGENTS" how willing will they really be to help you............

The owner is the best way to rent direct contact is so much better.

So good luck to "Bangkok Property Agents" just remember how well they researched your next new condo???????????

Any other owners get this kind of crap?

As a prospective buyer though I've become fed up with agents. My favourite is soho properties (nice fancy name eh?). They have all sorts of photos for properties they have for "sale" but I suspect they are only there so to get your interest, so that they can then flog off some god ugly place to you instead. After two or three 'no thanks' from you, they lose interest.

My wife has been led about the place by the english girl who works there seeing places that aren't exactly our spec. One place, my wife went to, only to be get a phone call from this English girl that she couldn't get permission from the owner to look at the place that they had advertised, even though it was Soho who set up the time and date!!

Driving around town and walking up to see places on your own in so much more productive...

As a prospective buyer though I've become fed up with agents. My favourite is soho properties (nice fancy name eh?). They have all sorts of photos for properties they have for "sale" but I suspect they are only there so to get your interest, so that they can then flog off some god ugly place to you instead. After two or three 'no thanks' from you, they lose interest.

My wife has been led about the place by the english girl who works there seeing places that aren't exactly our spec. One place, my wife went to, only to be get a phone call from this English girl that she couldn't get permission from the owner to look at the place that they had advertised, even though it was Soho who set up the time and date!!

Driving around town and walking up to see places on your own in so much more productive...

I agree 100%! We (not knowing better) wasted a LOT of valuable time with agents who couldn't get into the place, or the place looked nothing like the pictures, or the location was not as described, etc. We finally just started looking around on our own and happened onto the perfect place for us that we are quite pleased with so far. Think about what you want to be near in which area of town and just start walking up to buildings and checking the for sale ads on the boards (every building has them). You will get much further and be much less stressed about it. :o

Edited by JeffCA

Sounds spot on from my experiences of agencies and what feedback we get from our customers. I have tried to buy new condos and left e mails and text's and still they dont even call back.

"Bangkok Property Agency" claim 25 years in the business God knows what they have learnt in that time...... not a lot it seems! Reminds me a bit of Only Fools and Horse "New York, Paris, Peckham" Except in their case Bangkok, Pattaya, London, am sure Del Boy would be well inpressed.

Agree 100%

Been out with all the big guns ie. Plus and CBE R Ellis etc. Same thing all around. It's unbelievable how low competence these so called agents have. They know their story about the nice views and decoration and how the couch matches to the kitchen sink but if you ask anything related to the property itself you wont get anything more than "very good project sir" or "this nice building"... 4 out of 5 was not able to tell me if the property was free or lease hold...

Best one was when CBE "agent" made the statement that unit in Pratunam was "walking distance to BTS, it's only 800 meters away sir" :D

Also they top up the asking price on their own in most properties. And when they find out that you are not the farang that will pay the 150k psm for the dump and fly back to UK next day they still desperately try to keep their cover and argue with you losing even more face in the process.

For example i just saw one unit with Plus asking 6.5M. The very same unit was offered to me for 5.5M for some private agent. Now i recon i can get it for less than 5M by going to the owner directly.... :o