3g Mobile Phone...whats Popular Atm

bill1960

I'm in the market for a 3G phone to use with a laptop to access internet mainly in Cambodia plus on visits to Thailand and Laos.

(Cambodia, where I am based, is rolling out 3G atm and its currently available in major centres. Right now its way expensive for heavy web surfing but eventually rates should come down to those of Thailand).

The phones recommended by Mobitel (Cambodian 3G service provider) are the

Nokia 6233,6680,E61,E61i,N95,

Motorola V3X,

Sony K600i,K800i,K810i,W850i,W880i

I assume these would work in Thailand on the GPRS/Edge system ?

I'm not into working of a mobile phone screen of keypad (mainly use connected to laptop) so my main concern is connectivity and value for money. Already have a good gps and camera so those features not important.

Also, how do these phones performance compare with an PC card

As for the topline phones with all the bells and whistles, I may look at getting one in a few years time when my GPS,Camera and phone are all due for an upgrade

Anyway, mobile internet is new in Cambodia so I thought I'd ask for phone recommendations on this forum as Thailand has had mobile internet for quite some time now

Edited by bill1960

3G is a bit of a catch all term... Better to say what type of 3G Cambo is running (and I am surprised) HSDPA ??

I have one of those all in one phones in the K850i from SE.. I have not been dissapointed with an SE phone in the last couple of years and rate them highly.