Long Term Rental -vietnam

scotwumman

I would be glad of any response to this question. My son is considering settling in Vietnam and will soon be visiting for

a fact finding exercise on this occasion for two or three weeks, however he is only interested in future long term rental

accommodation where there are beaches (particularly Do Son? or anywhere lively). If anyone can recommend or even mention any knowledge of very reasonable

long term rentals I would be grateful as it might help to short circuit his search.

Any advice on travelling to Vietnam from U.K., travel agents, airlines etc. would also be appreciated as he has only ever before travelled to Thailand.

It would be for a definite year and would appreciate if anyone could estimate approximately how much it would cost of living wise for a year (i.e. accommodation, moderate entertainment, food).

Thank you in advance for any response you may be able to make

I couldn't imagine wanting to stay in DoSon for a year, but to each their own I guess.

Been to Doson a couple of times, but not sure about cost for living there.

Imagine he could do allright on 5-600GBP/mo.

He can get a 6mo multi-entry visa, and needs to fly to Hanoi first. Then he can arrange transportation to DoSon with a local travel agent.

Do Son, the Pattaya of Viet Nam!

I'm sure he'll have gotten through all the girls and got bored with the place after only a few weeks, especially when rainy season kicks in and they all bugger off home.

Never really seen anything worth renting long term (accommodation I mean). The place seems to be all guest houses that only get business in the weekends so I expect he could get a room with laundry and food thrown in for a long term rental in one of them.

Check out Nha Trang 8 hours north of HCMC by Train.

The Ha Van Hotel is small, brand new, easy walking distance from the beach and has an owner from OZ.

Breakfast on the roof in the morning is a great deal.

Cool area lots to see and do.

058 521678-525454

Thank you SoCal and Pattaya Parent. In view of your replies and to gain a sensible destination

long term he is now talking about taking a package trip around Vietnam to get the feel of different

places. I can see what you're both saying re the boredom element and as an individual, although

he will be in a position to semi retire in a couple of years, can see him looking towards work or

business of some sort as he is approaching 39 and has been self employed most of his adult life.

Would you say that this is a possibility in some parts of Vietnam.

Again thank you for your replies.

Travelling around and getting a feel for different places would be a good idea, at least he'll get a feel for where he wants to set up as each area is different from the next in much the same way as Thailand. And there's a great distinction between the North and South.

Sam Son on the coast of Thanh Hoa province is a nice 'local' area which will be undergoing an expansion due to a refinery and Economic Zone and Free Zone in the vicinity so could be a good base for a business.

Similarly Dung Quat in the central area has a refinery project ongoing and of course Vung Thao as made famous by a certain Gary Glitter.

Can't help with the business set up side of things I'm afraid as I'm just hired help myself.

BigA sorry for the appearance of bad manners, I've been offline for a few days. He has your suggestion written down for future use

and I thank you for your response. Wombat6, your post had us both falling about laughing, you are of course, right but I have a

vested interest inasmuch as I want to experience a few years in the far east before handing in my dinner pail.

There is no question of him not surviving as he has travelled most of the world alone but this is down to his own hard physical work

and there are some people who need information and don't go in for the written word.

Every response has been much appreciated